The Waiting: Chapter 1

Edited

JUST READ AND ENJOY!

**To the side Jessica and Lee**

My life is boring, nothing but normality. My day is filled with school work and then it's time to go home for dinner. Nothing has really ever happened that was unusual. I'm just a part of nothing... When you're a part of nothing, how can it be something? We, my best friend Lee and I, were walking to history class. "Hey Jess did you hear we got a new teacher?" he asks me.

Lee is my one and only amazing friend. He had always been a looker, but he isn't the most intelligent but he's silly and funny. I have known him since we were really little. When I was fostered, (now I'm adopted by the same couple), Lee became my first friend and we've been like that for a long time. Over the years, I did gain new friends but my relationship with them was nowhere as good as it was with Lee.

I look up at him, considering he is about eight inches taller than me. "What happened to Mr. Burns?" I liked Mr. Burns even though he is old; I hope nothing bad happened to him.

"He won the lottery," he says with a laugh. "And he won a vacation to the states."

I can't believe he won! He had always gone on about how he would win the lottery one day and it finally happened. "Wow, I'm going to miss him. Oh well what are you going to do about it?" I ask rhetorically and smile. "Who's the new teacher?"

"Don't know. We'll find out when we get to class." Lee walks in head of me and I follow lazily behind. He opens the door for me, and bows, "Me lady."

I giggle and curtsy. "Why thank you good sir!" No one is in the classroom yet, which is normal as I'm usually the first person to get there. I rest my head on the table, only to be nudged. I shake of the hand and ignore. Someone flicks my forehead and I feel my patient wearing. Finally, something soft hits my head and I snap. "The next person that touches me, I swear I'm going to break their arm." I glance around to find my entire class staring at me in amusement. I turn my attention to the teacher.

"You must be Ms. James," The tall man, whom was standing in the front of the classroom, speaks as though I have told him a humorous joke. He had long, brown hair and he was dressed as a professor. His bow tie confirms that image about him.

"Yes, and who are you?" I ask, knowing that he is my teacher.

He gives me a smug smile. "I'm your teacher."

I roll my eyes at him. "No kidding, but what do we call you?" I ask, almost sarcastically.

"I'm the Doctor," he replies simply.

"Doctor who?" I retort.

He sat into the rolling chair behind the desk and answers, "Just the Doctor."

I burst out into laughter. The Doctor, what kind of name is that? He frowns and narrows his eyes at me as I ask through my fit of giggles, "Please tell me you're kidding right?"

"Nope, I'm the Doctor. I'm here to teach your history class. Consider-" He was suddenly cut off by the shriek of the fire alarm. "Okay you guys know what to do. When you get outside, do not stay, just go straight home." As students got up to leave, Lee pulls my hand.

"Come on Jess, let's go." I shake my head and tell him that I will see him tomorrow. He frowns but doesn't argue as he disappears into the crowd of students, who are happy to get the day off school. I slowly walk, trying to see where the Doctor is going but I lose sight of him. I put my hands into my pockets and feel for my cell. "Shit I left my phone!" I sit on the front steps of a house nearby the school. A fire truck comes rushing past, only to come back and drive leisurely past. I can make out one of the firemen saying that it is just a prank.