{ 3 }

“Hell no, I sure as shit didn’t say yes to go with him!” I stared annoyed at the telephone lying on my bed, before remembering Alice couldn’t see me and I ended rolling my eyes in annoyance as I could hear a chuckle from the other end of the line.

“Well he’s gonna pick you up anyway - you know Tomlinson the best! You should know! He thinks he can get whatever he wants - and if he wants you to come then he most certainly will make sure that happens,” Alice’s voice, that was coming from my shiny iphone, was filled with amusement. The sound made me groan.

“Aren’t you supposed to me my good friend here! Don’t laugh at me!” I started blowing lightly on my nails as I watched the result of the pastel pink nailpolish I had just applied.  Lying outstretched on my stomach, I rested on my elbows as I watched how the perfectly laid nailpolish reflected the light.

“Well you’re the one who used to date him - so I’m allowed to laugh!” I stared at my phone with my jaw dropped, but yet a smile playing in the corner of my mouth.

“Well if we’re going to start laughing about ex-boyfriends then I can think of seve-”

“Nora?” My dad’s voice sounded through the closed door followed by a knock.

“Ali - I’ll talk to you later bye.” I swept my finger carefully over the screen, making sure not to mess up the nailpolish. She didn’t even have time to object before I had ended the call and struggled to get up in a seating position.

“Yeah - it’s open,” I tried to blow a strand of hair away from my face, as my dad entered.

He was looking at his phone. In the black awfully boring tailored suit with the awfully classy blue tie and those awfully expensive shoes, the rolex watch, the grey hair in a suitable haircut. The ever so classy business man appearance with the finest brands and the newest pieces of course.

“Great now Nora - I’m going out of town for a few days,” he kept tapping on his damn blackberry, “business.” Of course it was business - that was his entire life after all. Business and occasionally Rebecca. Wrah. The mere name gave me a bitter taste in my mouth. Stupid blonde runway freaking barbie model with her stupid long legs.

Honestly - however I felt relieved that he was going out of town - then I didn’t have to stay around for dinners with the two of them. Newly engaged. Urgh.

“That’s okay,” I looked down at my hands, as he nodded - still looking at his damn phone probably finishing a deal worth millions - just like usual.

“Great and you got your card right?”

Yeah I had my credit card. Which didn’t really have any limit.

“Yup,” I popped the p already considering what I should get for dinner - even though it was barely 11 am yet.