Chapter 14: Blond Devil

I was a little sad that we had to leave Miami, surprisingly. We were back in Cali, inside the same limo with the same driver. I wasn't as tired as I was when we landed in Miami. I guess it was because of the good sleep. As the limo came to a stop in front of my mansion, I bolted out of the door and ran up to my parents. They were waiting outside for us and I jumped into their arms like a child. I never knew I missed them this much.

"Woah there short cake!" my dad said with a huge smile. I hugged him tight and he laughed, "Glad to see our baby back in one peace. How was the trip?" he had a sympathetic look and I smiled reassuringly. Even though I was still angry at him, I couldn't help but forgive him.

"I'll tell you later." he nodded and I immediately hugged my mom afterwards. She hugged me tight with her slender arms and fixed my hair. After I let go, she winked at me and mouthed you better tell me what happened in Miami honey. I laughed and gave her another hug, "Ok mom, I'll go in full detail."

"Mister and Misses Sinclair." Hal greeted with a business-like tone. He approached us with all my luggage and gently dropped them in front of me. The guards immediately took the bags and dispersed inside the mansion. I went beside him and he hooked an arm around my shoulder. He looked down at me with a smile then back up at my parents with an even bigger smile, "Thank you for letting me bring your daughter to Miami. We had lots of fun."

My father patted Hal's shoulder with a jolly smile on his lips. Is it weird that my dad kind of looks like Santa Claus? My mother crossed her arms over her chest and had a blank expression. She was still disappointed at Hal for being with Antoinette at the café. I cleared my throat causing my mom to snap her face at me. She raised an eyebrow but I shook my head to the side, not wanting her to go all mama bear on Hal. She let out a heavy sigh before walking back into the mansion. I frowned and twiddled my thumbs together as Hal and my dad conversed about their companies. Yeah, a little part of me was still disappointed that he took Antoinette out in public and made out with her behind my back. I sighed and pried Hal's arm off my shoulder. He looked at me with a confused expression. "I have to talk to my mom. I'll see you two later." then I departed into the mansion.

I found my mom seated on one of the Victorian Era couches in the living room. She was staring out in space, deep in thought. I plopped down on the empty space next to her. She looked at me and raised a blond brow, "I want the info in detail honey." I nodded and cleared my throat.

"So..." then I started to tell her the events that happened at the party. I told her about Athos, Sofia, and Blake. How their mother thinks I'm a gold digger to when Hal told me he was going to wait until I realize my feelings. Which I think I have. My mother listened intently, nodding. As I finished, I slumped down on the couch. Oh, and the only thing I avoided talking about was the passionate kiss between blondie and Hal.

"Don't you have something else to say?" I looked at her with my eyes wide and shook my head to the side. But she flicked my forehead and glared at me. Not just a glare but... a scary glare. "Alana, I know you. I can tell when you're hiding something or when you're feeling uneasy. I'm your mother, you can tell me anything. Besides, we both know that I know it's about Antoinette Kovalski."

I blinked in shock that she knew who Antoinette was, "You know her?" I asked, my nose scrunching as the mental image of blondie's smirking face appeared in my head. She was beautiful, I'll give you that but deep down she had a vile personality. Now that I think about it, she's the ugliest person I've ever seen.

My mother nodded with a look of distaste, "Who doesn't? She's the biggest whore in the galaxy. She made out with your cousin Joseph during his wedding day. They were in the bathroom while his poor wife was waiting for him." My eyes widened at the old news of Joe's wedding. No wonder the marriage didn't go through. "After I pried the conniving street walker off Joseph, I found out afterwards that he was intoxicated. I've never seen your cousin that drunk before but my goodness!" she raised her hands up in the air with clouded eyes, "His ring was gone and he kept saying I love Antoinette Kovalski. He totally forgot his wife."

I sighed and thought about Joe and how depressed he was. Wow, she's everywhere. "But, why would she ruin Joe's wedding? I mean, no offence but Joe isn't that attractive. Antoinette doesn't go for guys like him. Don't ask why, I just know."

"Believe it or not, she used to be an angel. Well, that is, until her spouse cheated on her best friend during her own wedding. She found them cuddled up naked in the black limo they were supposed to ride so that they could go to their brand new mansion for their honeymoon." my mother informed, staring at her newly manicured nails.

"No way!" I gasped, my mouth hanging open. No wonder Antoinette wants to ruin me! "I guess she's traumatized by that incident. No wonder she wants to ruin me and Hal..."

"Yep." she snapped her fingers, popping the 'p', "She's ruined at least 50 weddings. She even went lesbo on your cousin, Amanda, just so she can see Kyle suffer. Antoinette reenacted the same scene in her wedding day limo, except her and Amanda were moaning each other's names in Kyle's Lamborghini like the two were married and already doing their honeymoon. That was an awful sight." her face contorted in disgust as the memory relapsed into her brain.

I cringed and shook my head. Antoinette was worse than I thought. I really need to keep Hal away from her. There is no way those two can be friends without Antoinette trying to seduce him everytime they see each other. "She's broken." I mumbled while staring at the huge plasma screen TV. My moher picked up the remote and turned the TV on. I shuffled around my Louis Vuitton duffle bag and froze. The remote dropped on the floor and my head immediately snapped up to the TV.

"Hal pledged his love for me the night of the party in Miami. He even kissed me passionately, his love engulfing me. The marriage is a total scam and he does not love Alana Sinclair. They are only getting married to merge their companies together. Such a waste you know?" the familiar blond chuckled. I felt myself boil with anger as Antoinette bit the bottom of her lip while the news anchor started to ask her more questions.

"Miss Kovalski, a passionate kiss with Hal? But that does not mean he loves you. I heard that he was intoxicated..." but Antoinette merely scoffed, flipping her blond hair with a malicious smirk. The same smirk in the party.

"We have already had sex." she said bluntly, causing my mother and I to gasp, even though I already knew about their one night stand in the past. The news anchor blinked and cleared his throat, scratching the back of his head with an awkward smile. I took a deep breath and felt my mother's arms wrap me into a hug. How dare she say that in public?! "I know that Hal has not yet touched Alana since she is too much of a nun and does not love Hal the way I do. She does not love him. What more can I say? All she cares about is money. She is a gold digger and a good for nothing skank."

I felt bile rise up in my throat as my eyes started to sting with tears. There goes the disgusting word again, gold digger. I'm not a skank either. I wasn't any of those two! I never wanted money in the first place. This marriage was meant for my family company. They had agreed to help us if we merged. But maybe I was falling in love with Hal? He obviously had feelings for me yet I was being affected by a certain blond devil's words.

"Oh my, a gold digger? That is terrible! What kind of person is the mysterious Alana Sinclair like Misses Kovalski?" the news anchor asked with a curious expression. Antoinette smirked and cleared her throat, her snobby expression making me want to break her nose.

"She is a conniving whore. I saw her walk out in the garden with the one and only Ron Vegan. Their hands were intertwined. Before they went into the garden, they were both embracing with so much passion, they looked as if they were in love. They even kissed!" she pretended to look shocked but the malicious glint in her eye spilled the beans. Only I knew that look. She was the conniving whore. Not me. Ron and I didn't even kiss! We were centimeters away from lip locking but I pushed him away!

The news anchor gasped and I looked away from the TV, drowning out their voices as I felt my tears spill down across my face. This was all too much. I felt my body tremble as I cried silently in my hands. My mother rubbed my back while she tried to reassure me that everything was going to be alright, but I knew those were petty words. She knew how bad this was. My reputation and even Sinclair Corps. reputation were going to be affected all because of her.

A/N*

*gasps* Oh mah gawd, why ANTOINETTE?! Poor Alana :( What do you think will happen next? :O I don't know what'll happen next but I sure as heck want my imagination to keep impressing me :) Thank you for reading! >:)