Chapter 11: Lonely

As Ron's lips brush mine I immediately placed my hand on his chest, shoving him a few inches away from me. He stared at me with a puzzled expression and I shook my head, "No, this is wrong." I said while I started to walk away from the stunned Ron.

"Wait Alana. I'm sorry." he apologized, running up to me with a frown on his features. His large hand tried to grab my small one but I shifted away so that I was on my side.

Holding my hand I shook my head again, "I need some space right now. Please leave me alone."

Ron stared at me and I watched as his lips pursed in a straight line before walking back into the hotel. As I heard the door shut abruptly, I staggered to a wooden bench near one of the lamps and slumped down on it.

I felt my body suddenly weaken. When his lips brushed against mine, I began to think about Hal. But as the venomous image of Hal and Antoinette dancing together invaded my thoughts, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I hated myself. Why was I crying for a man I don't love? Just admit it, you love him but I couldn't. Loving a man that ruined your families company was basically like loving Satan. Being forced to marry a man that caused ungratefulness was just crazy. Yet I am falling for him. Who wouldn't?

Wiping a tear I sniffled and shifted away as I saw a couple walking into the garden. As the two got nearer, my breath hitched and my heart painfully tightened.

There, hand-in-hand was none other than Hal and Antoinette. Both of them had huge smiles on their faces. What hurt the most was that I've never seen Hal smile like this before. As they both laughed at something the blond said, I silently went into the shadows, my eyes glued to the two people that looked perfect together.

"You know Hal, we can ditch this lame party and go to your place." Antoinette purred with a seductive smile. Her hand circled Hal's knuckles sensually and I bit the bottom of my lip, holding in my stupid tears.

"We can't." Hal replied with a frown. A little part of me felt relieved that he turned down her offer. "Antoinette, I'm getting married. I'm done sleeping around with women. I have to take this seriously. Although, I wouldn't mind us being friends. Just friends."

Antoinette's brows knitted together and she forced a smile on her face, the bitterness still obvious on her expression, "You're becoming like an old man babe. Just because you're getting married to Lana Del Rey or whatever the fuck her name is, doesn't mean it can stop you from..." trailing off, she hooked her fingers on the bottom of Hal's chin and pulled his face closer to hers, "...sleeping with me."

Hal's eyes widened and I myself followed in suit. Well, partially because she called me Lana Del Rey and her boldness but wow. I clutched the hem of my dress and held myself back from tackling blondie like a football player.

As Antoinette smirked maliciously, her dark gaze landed on my hidden figure in the shadows. Her eyes danced in amusement as they focused on my deer-in-headlights expression. I stood there frozen, immobilized as the blond beauty suddenly placed a kiss on Hal's lips. I took deep breaths and turned away when Hal responded passionately, tongues dancing. A huge lump formed in my throat and the familiar feeling of loneliness swelled my heart painfully. Tears started to pour down my cheeks as I turned to face the person I love and despise at the same time.

Turning on my heel, I silently fled the hotel and hailed a cab. I was the only one in a crappy mood while everyone in the party was either laughing or smiling. What I should be doing.

***

As I entered the quiet penthouse, I threw aside the annoying heels and went straight to our room. Romeo was asleep on top of the bed, snoring lightly. Shutting the door quietly, I stripped out of my cocktail dress. It slid to the floor and I stepped over them, shuffling in my bag for some sleep wear. Deciding just to wear a white tank top and just my black lace panties, I went into bed. Romeo awoke and as he saw me, he instantly cuddled with me. I wrapped my arms around the furry dog and cried beneath it's white and black coat.

The dog whined and softly pawed on my arm. Finding comfort in the mutt I wiped my tears away, "It's ok Romeo, as long as you're with me I'll be alright."

Even with Romeo by my side, I still felt lonely. Honestly, I wish Hal was here. The comfort of his warm arms wrapped around my small body gave me tranquility. But those warm arms were around Antoinette's. His soft lips molding against the blond's as they caressed each other with so much emotion. The thought of them spending the night together just made my heart stop. It was too painful to even think about him. I wonder if he'll even notice that I left? What will his family think of me ditching the whole event that was for me? Numerous unanswered questions kept flooding my brain.

Till this day I still regret being a Sinclair. I wonder if my life would be better if I got adopted by a middle class family or stayed in the orphanage.

I sighed and closed my eyes, drifting off to my haunting nightmares...

A/N*

Voilà! :D Finished Chapter 11. Ok, this isn't my best and it's full of drama. This is basically an insight of how Alana feels...the story is just starting! :D

Thanks for reading as always and please vote, comment, and share if you enjoy :)