8. More than ready for a lovely sandwich

Stewart Mikelson was officially a brain-dead idiot. Good thing he was beefy, because he was just about to lose his lunch.

"Twenty bucks says you can't do it," he sneered.

Tom raised an eyebrow. "Twenty bucks and your lunch? You're feeling particularly brave today."

The jock sneered. "We'll see about that once you break your neck."

Yeah, not going to happen. Tom got on his skateboard and rolled towards the school entrance before turning back towards his audience. Their school was at the top of a small hill and had three sets if stairs leading to the parking lot. Each set had eight steps. And if Stewie thought Tom couldn't jump them all, he had another thing comming.

The crowd next to the first set of stairs got steadily bigger probably because of the promise of blood. Tom raised his hands in salute and they started cheering. Yeah, he could totally make a show out of lunch.

He rolled forward, increasing the force with which he pushed, until he reached the top step. Push down on the board's back and get it flying properly. Roll it in the air for show. Get it under your feet before landing right next to the bottom step. Bend knees and contract abdominal muscles to lessen the pressure on the ankles. And voila!

In the cheers of the crowd, Tom raised his hands victoriously. Piece of cake. Which, hopefully, Stewart might have in his lunch bag.

Tom rolled up to him and extended his hand, waiting for his booty. Mikelson just stared like an idiot. Tom rolled his eyes because he could actually do that whenever he wanted with the sunglasses, and made a come here motion.

"Come on, dude, all that flying spectacularly through the air made me hungry. Cough it up."

The guy shook his head and reached out into his backpack from which he extracted a Subway bag. It was Tom's lucky day.

"You're crazy, man," Stewart said, shaking his head. "Here." He pulled out a twenty and stuffed it in Tom's hand. "The show was worth it."

"Dankeschön," Ton said, grabbing the bag and getting off his board. He had to exercise his control not to start eating right there, bag and all.

He'd kinda missed breakfast. And dinner last night. And lunch yesterday. He was more than ready for a lovely sandwich.

"I have to admit, that was very impressive."

That voice. That pretty, pretty voice. Tom turned to Angie who stood by the last set of steps, her arms wrapped around a shitton of manuals.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" he asked. Hmm, good thing she'd caught him doing something cool. Or maybe she was once again impressed by the color of his shirt or who knew what irrelevant thing.

"I actually go to school here. Didn't know you did, too."

"Yup. What a coincidence. Funny I haven't seen you around before."

She smiled, but it was a little strained. "I'm sort of new."

"Okay." Awkward silence fell between them before Tom's mouth did what it did best. Spew out garbage. "Lunch?" He extended the brown bag.

Why? Why did he ask when he was starving? And didn't really know this girl. It sounded sooo weird. Please think I'm a creep, go away and let me eat.

Angie tilted her head, eying the bag. "Sure."

Fuuuuck! He was a moron who deserved to starve. At least he still had the twenty bucks. Unless he suddenly decided to offer her those too.