Chapter 4: First Encounter

Chapter 4 : First Encounter

            “Happy birth- - “ I was cut singing, hearing my bestfriend Shella shouting at the other line. “WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!!!!!!” I instantly moved away my phone. Damn one day I will be needing a hearing aid if she don’t stop shouting at me.. “WE’D BEEN CALLING YOUR HOUSE AND EVEN YOUR G*D DAMN PHONE! BUT WE DIDN’T REACH ANY OF IT!!” I keep walking at the hallway looking for the cafeteria Jenny and Rea must be mad at me right now for keeping them waiting.. I heard the back round music, and some people on the other line.hmmmm they’d been partying without me..*sigh* “SO TELL ME WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! AND MOVED YOUR ASS OVER HERE!!” aww she’s still mad at me. *sigh again* I heard her talk again mumbling something about forgetting about her and how worried she is about me. “Philippines.” I said. “I’d been waiting for-“ “WHAT?!!” she shouted again. “If you won’t stop shouting and yelling at me I swear I’ll hang up on you! Yes you heard it right. But we don’t have to talk about this right now. Where are you?” I asked. It is time for her present.

               “We are not done yet talking about this Ms. Archer and I’ll expect full details of what happened.” She said. I sigh. “Ok, just answer the damn question where are you right now?” I heard her say something about being alone right now and forgetting about her birthday before answering my question. “Ok, now drive.” I said. “What?!” *sigh* “Do I have to repeat everything? I said drive! And moved now!” where the hell am i? I asked myself still looking for the cafeteria. “No! I am not driving and I’m not leaving my own party!! What kind of host am I if I leave my visitors? And besides the friends that I’d been expecting to be here decided to ignore me on my birthday! Can you believe that? Especially you! My bestfriend???! You all leave me hanging!!” She said, I heard her crying on the other line. “Besty how can I forget the most special day of the person who first accept and love me for who I am? Please stop crying now. And do what I say.” I feel bad about making her cry but I know she’ll love our surprise. “I can’t believe I’m doing this. Where am I going exactly?” I heard her start her car engine. “Do you remember the place where I first met you?” I heard her sigh. “Yes. You want me to go to that forest???? Aloneee?? Are you insane?? The last time I went there I almost got rape!” she said whining. “Quit whining and move your ass.” I keep walking. Damn where the hell is that cafeteria?! I saw an open field in front of me so I decided to go left. Damn dead end? Really? I was about to go back when I saw a big mango tree. I walked over it and decided to stay anyway I’m not hungry so why bother. I will just call Jenny later. “Where are you now?” I asked, looking at the tree, it has a huge branches and a good hiding place. I decided to climb up, I’d been doing this for so long now so don’t get me wrong guys..

                “I’m here. So what now?” she said still on the other line. “Pash are you still there?”

                 “Yep!” I answered after I settle down. Whoa! You are officially mine! I said after seeing how high I was, and how the wind blow over my face. “Now, all you have to do is trust me.” I said on the other line. “Have you seen the sign? Private Property? There’s a note stick to it just find it.” I said resting my head in the tree. “Mark?” I heard her say, I think its time to go. “Enjoy!” I hang up the line not before I heard her say “Don’t you dare hang – “ ooops sorry I just did. I know she will enjoy it. I have it all planned. I’d been dying to replace all the bad memories of that place, she’s been enough. It’s time to move on. Now every bad memory will replace into new one I know I can’t erase it but at least I’ll do something about it. Hopefully it will help. By now I guess Mark is telling his jokes and making her laugh I know they will be a good couple but I doubt if they will believe me. All of our friends are there and even her family, cousins and friends abroad and nope they didn’t forget her birthday like what she said awhile ago. They arrange everything the way I told them. It will be her most memorable 18th birthday ever!