Chapter 2

NAIA Airport Philippines…

            I am now walking at NAIA Airport looking for Tita Cherry. (Tita/Tito= Auntie/Uncle) *sigh* you probably wonder why I’m here.

*FLASH BACK*

            “Dad you know how much I hate that place. I understand if you’ll send me to Ohio with my brother but c’mon Dad Philippines?? Are you kidding me?!” I whined to my Dad.

            “Princess, you know that’s a lie right? You used to love that place. We used to stay there along with your mom. You always love that place. You even cry every time I came because you knew that we have to leave. And you never let go of your granny’s hand unless you’re asleep because that’s how much you love them.” Dad said.

            “That’s the point Dad! I “used” to stay and loved that place! Past tense!”

            “I already made my decision and that’s final. And beside they miss you so much, specially your Lola Fely, and everyone in there.” He said. (Lola/Lolo = Grandmother/Grandfather)

            “Just because I sleep in one of my class, I can’t believe you!”

            “No sweetie, Lucy and I will be going for our second honeymoon, I don’t want you to be alone and besides we talked about this right?” he said.

            “Yes we talked about your “around the world honeymoon” but you never mention sending me to the Philippines!” I sigh.

            “Well a surprise will never be a surprise if you knew it right?” he said now looking directly to my eyes. “Sweetie it’s time to LET GO.”

            The last two words that he said heat me. “Let go?” I say with a sad smile written all over my face. “And by means of letting go is by going back?” memories from the past came rushing through. I haven’t notice that I’d been crying if my Dad didn’t hug me. “Hush princess. Everything will be alright. Your mom will sure love it if you’ll pay her a visit and stay there for awhile.” He said then kissed my hair. “Just give it a try for 1 school year after that you’re free.”

*END OF FLASH BACK*

            Now I’m still here looking for my Tita. “Where is she anyway?jezzz”

When I about to go back and call my Dad I saw I signage. Not an ordinary signage, it’s big, colorful and “flowerful” signage. And it’s not that all she bring the whole village! Maybe I’m over reacting but bringing lots of people in the airport just to pick someone?

            “holymotherofcow.” When I realize what’s happening I turn around not before they saw me and started calling me, shouting and cheering my name with matching jumping and “wooo woooo Ashley here!” wtf is wooo woooo???! God help me. Please tell me it’s not happening to me. This is sooooo embarrassing! My Dad still keep in touch with them so they know what I look like.

            “Ashleyyyyyy!” I saw one of them waving at me maybe she’s 30'ish though she look younger.  Maybe she’s Tita Cherry, maybe, well I never pay attention to what my Dad said, but I know somewhere in my mind I know her. They keep on waving and cheering my name so I walked forward to them not wanting to draw any more attention. *heavy sigh* this is going to be a long day.

            After a long hi, how was your flight, how was your dad they’d finally decided it’s time to move out. And now sitting beside me is my cousins Jenny and Rea, while Tito Cloyd is driving and Tita Cherry besides him at the driver seat while the others, well I remember Tita told me they have their own service, I also remembered Tita introducing me to them as my cousins and my childhood friends? As I have said I never pay attention to what they are talking so I just nod and give them a small hi’s and hello’s.