Chapter 3.

I stayed by Mum's side for at least 20 minutes. I couldn't bare to leave her. I said everything I needed to, and I knew it was time to leave. Time to say goodbye, forever. All I could hear where the constant 'Beep, Beep, Beep' noise her heart monitor made.

I stood up and kissed her forehead.

"I love you Mum, I promise I'll make you proud." I whispered.

It was so hard, but I finally ripped my eyes away from her. And then more tears came. Saying goodbye to your own mother, is possibly that hardest thing. I took a couple of steps back. Going to closer to the door.

I put my hand on the handle, turned it, and left the room.

The second I closed the door behind me, I fell to my knees and cover my face with my hands. Riley ran over to me and picked me up and sat me down on the chair next to him.

Dad went in next. It felt like he was in there for ages, but I know he would of had a lot to tell her. It felt like our lives were falling apart right now. I needed to be with Riley and Dad. That's the only way I'm going to get through this.

"It'll be okay." Riley said in an attempt to calm me down.

At this moment, it seemed like the world was coming to an end and that everything had completely turned for the worst. But if Riley say's it'll be okay, then I need to trust him and believe that it will.

I layed down and rested my head in his lap. It's one of the best things being able to call your big brother one of your best friends. Just knowing that he cares.

"Riley." I began.

"Mhmm?" He urged me to continue.

"How long are you going to be here for? Until you go back to university/?" I asked.

"I'll stay here for as long as you need me. You're 15, this isn't something you can deal with by yourself." He confessed.

He was completely right, this wasn't just the type of thing I could easily get through. 

I closed my eyes for a moment, and ended up falling asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kaitlyn." I heard a voice say while shaking me.

"Wake up honey." They said.

I slowly opened my eyes and waiting to my vision to be clear. I blinked a few times, and saw my Dad infront of me.

"Hey.." I said in a husky voice.

I remembered everything that happened.

His eyes were red and puffy and he was about to cry again.

He didn't say anything, he just looked at he.

I fell asleep on Riley. I sat up and he looked like he just woke up himself. I looked back to Dad. He had so much pain and sadness in his eyes.

"Is.. she gone?" I asked not wanting to hear his answer.

He slowly nodded his head.

I just sat there for a moment, realising what had happened.

I couldn't believe it. A single tear suddenly ran down my face. My eyes were so watery and I couldn't speak.

Within a matter of seconds, Dad had picked me up and was hugging me. My feet weren't even touching the floor.

I hugged him back and cried into his shoulder. This was the hardest thing. Riley stood up and joined the hug.

After a few minutes, he put me down again and he spoke.

"We're going to get through this, together." He said.

After that, everything just seemed a blur. The next thing I remembered, I was upstairs in my room.

When I come to think of it, I hadn't really left my room much at all.

It'd been 4 days since Mum passed.

It had been hard for everyone. Especially Dad. Losing the love of his life. I couldn't imagine it. But he was trying his best to stay strong.

Riley was staying at home for a bit. He wanted to do everything he could to make sure I was okay, and to make sure Dad was okay.

He was the best brother anyone could ever have.

I sat at my desk, on my laptop scrolling through my news feed.

People finally heard about what happened.

Some made status' about how sorry they were.

Some send me an inbox telling me to keep my head up.

Some posted they love and sympathy on my wall.

Even people I didn't really know were send me their condolences .

It's amazing to know, that people who hardly know me care so much. And that they're always there to support me.

Courtney had been ringing my phone like crazy, but I didn't answer, because to be honest, I don't think I was read to talk about it with anyone yet. And I know what she would of said. 'WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS KAITLYN.' But I didn't know how to answer that question.

I heard an faint knock on my door and I peeled my eyes away from my laptop screen.

"Come in." I said quietly but loud enough they could hear.

It was Riley.

"Hey you. How you feeling?" He ask coming over to me.

I shrugged my shoulders.

He had a tray of food in his hands.

"You need to eat something so I made some stuff and I went to Krispy Kreme and got you your favourite donut and a chocolate frappe." He said with a smile.

How could I resist something like that.

He put the tray down next to me.

"Woah Riley, theres enough food here to last me a year." I said.

He just smiled at me and sat down at the end of my bed. He was seriously the best brother ever.

I heard my phone start ringing and I looked at the caller ID. It was Courtney.

I rejected the call and just decided to turn my phone off all together.

Riley had a confused look on his face as to why I just did that, but I told him not to worry about it.

I got off my chair and walked over to my bed at layed down flat on my back staring at the ceiling. Riley layed down next to me.

I let out a loud sigh.

"I hate feeling like this." I spoke.

"Everyone does Kay." He said.

I didn't say anything, I just layed there in the silence. 

After a good couple of minutes Riley spoke.

"So.. I was thinking. How would you and Dad like to move closer to London near me?" He asked.

I jolted up and sat up straight looking down at him.

"W-what?" I said in complete shock he just said that.

"Yeah, I mean. I want to be closer to you guys. And it would do you both some good to get away from everything here. So why not make a fresh new start in a new place." He explained.

"But Riley, there's a lot more to think about. We've got Mum's funeral coming up. I've got one year left of school. We can't just drop everything." I snapped.

"I know, but there's always ways around everything. You can transfer schools. And we will still go to Mum's funeral. Don't worry Kaitlyn, I'm planning everything out." He said.