Already gone. (A One Direction fan fiction)

When I thought about it, it made my heart break. Realising how quickly things can change. How easily you can lose someone. It can all just change like that. With a snap of the fingers. In a matter of seconds. Without warning.

Have you ever had something happen in your life and you knew nothing would be the same after it? Like it would all be different after it? Something so significant, it could change your life comepletely?

That is exactly what I was going through right now. No matter how much I wanted to break down and cry, I couldn't. I needed to be stay strong right now, for Mum and Dad.

They both needed me.

The whole time we'd been here, he hadn't left her side. He hadn't let go of her hand. It truely breaks my heart seeing this. Mum being like this, and Dad being so upset. My parents are just as inlove as they were when they meet all those years ago.

I remember coming home from school everyday, I would quickly run upstairs, put my bag away, then go back downstairs into the kitchen, and my parents would always be doing something together. Whether it was cooking, or dancing with each other, hand in hand. Everything they did was filled with love.

It was amazing for me to watch this as I grew u, because I'd learn from them.

My older brother Riley was 19 and he was away studying at university. Mum and Dad were so proud of him, I was too. We didn't get to see him as often as we'd all like to, but when he got the chance, he would come and visit us.

In the past 3 months, so much had changed. Everything was so different. The house wasalways quiet now. Dad wasn't the same. Mum definitely wasn't and Riley wasn't doing to well either.

Everyone at school thought I had the perfect life. And I thought I did too. I was so grateful for everything I had. I loved my family more then anything, but I wasn't they type to always brag about it.

I was a private person, and most of the time, I was quiet shy. The only person I shared things with was my best friend Courtney. But not even she knew about this.

Nobody knew what was happening.

I was home alone 85% of the time, because Dad was always at the hospital. I went as often as I could, but Dad didn't like me being there. He thought it was bad for me to be spending majority of my time there. So instead, I spent most of it at home and school.

I was in my second last year of highschool, and Dad wanted me to focus on studying. He's a good man, and he knows what's best.

I went to school everyday as normal, and nobody suspected that anything was wrong, but I hadn't told a soul, so nobody would have known.

I got up in the morning, got dressed, at breakfast, did my hair, makeup, brushed my teeth and everything like that. I put my books in my bag and walked to school as normal.

It was still cold and the chilly London air hit my face. I put my scarf around my neck and walked my way to school.

"Kaitlyn, wait up!" I heard someone shout.

I turned around to see who it was.

"Good morning Courtney." I smiled.

Fake smile number 1 for the day.

Little did everyone know, my mother was laying in a hospital bed, in a coma, with a brain tumor. And to make it worse, she wasn't going to survive.