Don't assume.. Just do

Chapter 4 Don’t Assume… Just Do!

            Abby followed me inside and we sat at our usual table in the back. Taylor and Caden stayed outside talking about the car and the race.

            “What was that all about?” Abigail said looking over the menu.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Don’t play stupid.” She glared. I don’t know how to tell her and not give away my racing secret, but I think maybe it’s time to tell her and Taylor.

            But what if they ditch me; yes a lot of people like me but they want to get close to me for what I look like and attention I bring; unlike Abigail and Taylor who have been there for me through thick and thin. Then I guess that goes to show you what true friends they really are.

            I snapped out of my thoughts. Only, because Taylor was snapping in my face.

            “What?” I asked in a rude way and glared at him. Why in a rude way? Well because I hate people stopping my train of thought especially when I’m having a huge mental debate with myself.

            “Oh quit glaring and slide over.” And pushed me. I stuck my tongue out at him and looked back at Abigail.

            “Tell me what outside was about.”

            I took a deep breath. Well here goes nothing. I made eye contact with Caden and for some reason my body relaxed.

            “My mom before she died was a street racer. That’s why and how I know so much about cars. Plus my dad runs it all. My mom never lost a race which explains why we have so many cars for when she raced for pink slips and plus where we get our money from.

            After I got my eclipse and learned to drive, and plus when she died I took her place. I guess racing is in my blood because the now 57 races I’ve raced I’ve won them all. Including the race Caden was talking about.

            I met him the same day as your mom set up the barbeque. I pretended not to know him to not give away my racing.

            I didn’t want you guys to stop being my friends, because if I ever got caught racing, I wouldn't want you guys to be known as the best friends of a street racer.” I explained to them.

            Taylor was smiling at me with that is the most amazing thing ever glint in his eyes. Abigail had her jaw on the table and I think madness. AH! Why is she mad? Caden had a smirk on his face. Why I have no idea, but he made me want to jump over the table and do him right then and there. I don’t know why he is having this affect on me. I don’t usually let people take control of my emotions.