Updating - When and how!

Updates take time and can't be rushed, but readers always devour what you have written and demand more. Here is what I think you should do:

1.) Put how often you update in the title. E.g. Updated on Fridays, Updated Daily. If you update often but don't like a time constraint, put Updated Regularly. 

2.) Actually update as often as you claim. If you don't, make sure to apologise in the comments and let them know why you didn't this time around. It's important that your readers know when they can check on your book.

3.) Don't update all at once. Make it daily at most and twice a week at least. If you put it all up together you will be a flash in the pan on one day. Give yourself time to build a readership. Equally, take too long and people will lose interest or forget they were even reading your book.

4.) Update in parts if your chapter is a lot of words, but only if there is a good break in the story. If you can do that, there will be more reads and votes. It also can help the story flow better and can allow you to update more often if you write one half one day and another half the next. Be careful with this though, only do it where appropriate or you are ruining the experience for your readers. I would recommend uploading parts that are between 1200 and 2500 words long.

Oh yes, don't forget to vote :P