Front Covers - Why they are important and why you should work hard on them.

A front cover is the first thing the reader sees, it needs to catch their eye. Here's how you can make yours better.

1.) Make it match your book. There is no point having a cool robot warrior on the front of your historical fiction work. 

2.) Hunt hard for one. I recommend sites like deviantart and cghub. Always ask permission to use the artist's picture for your book though, you wouldn't want someone stealing your book and putting it on their website without giving you credit would you?

3.) Put a cool title and your author name on the front. This makes your book look more professional and lets them know who wrote it :). I recommend ipiccy for this one, it is free and it is awesome.

4.) Don't make your picture too crowded. The front cover is often shrunk down to a small thumbnail on Wattpad, so make sure the front cover makes sense when it is shrunk down. A cool battle scene might look awesome on a big book page, but might look like a bunch of shapes when it is reduced to a small rectangle.

5.) You can hire an artist to do a front cover for your book for $30 or less if you find the right one. If you find a cool artist online, send them a message and ask them how much they charge!

6.) You can edit it using a free webservice like ipiccy.com, or use the Covers for Wattpad App if you are using an Apple device!

Oh yes, don't forget to vote :P