Chapter 11

Natsu's POV

I look over just as Lucy leaves the guild, having Gray in a choke hold I decide just to let her go and have some alone time. Suddenly the ice mage breaks free of my hold and punches me. I growl and tackle him, causing us to roll around throw half-hearted hits. Successfully getting him pinned to the ground I grin in triumph, until I feel something hard press against my thigh. I quickly release him and fall back.

"What the hell, Gray?!" I shout while glaring at him.

"It's not like I can help it, Natsu! The human anatomy does what it wants, when it wants!" He defends while putting a hand on his boxer-covered crotch.

I make a disturbed face and scoot just a little further away, "I am mated to Lucy. And I have nothing against gays, but I don't feel that way about you." I say slowly in hopes I don't hurt his feelings.

"Natsu you idiot, I don't feel that way either, but with you rubbing up on me like you were it was bound to do happen." He huffs and stands up before crossing his arms. "Let's just forget it, yeah?"

"Yeah, sure whatever you want." I stand too and shrug it off, ignoring the obvious conflicted pain behind his eyes. "I'm going to head out, I need to check on Lucy." I take notice of the small flinch from him, but he doesn't say anything, just nods before walking away.

With a sigh I head to the guild doors, pushing them open I see it's dark outside. Huh, I could have sworn I wasn't in there for that long... Oh well. I make my way down the still moderately busy streets towards Lucy's apartment. And with every step my nerves spike up a little more, starting to go into a panic I start running the rest of the way there.

When I arrive I jump through the window and chills run through my entire body. I look down at Luce and see her sleeping peacefully with her comforter fully cocooning her. But the scent that is lingering within the walls of her home is one I neither recognize nor welcome.

Carefully and quietly I jump over her bed and explore the rest of the apartment. Every inch of the place is contaminated by the chilling smell. I come back to her room and I stop moving mid-step, the sun is now blazing over the earth in a bright cascade of light. Looking over to the clock on the wall I see that it's only four'o'clock, what the hell?!

I go to wake up Lucy and tell her about everything, but seeing her sleep so deeply after days of exhaustion stops me. I'll just tell her in the morning and that way we can go straight to the guild afterwards, not that we didn't need to anyway to figure out our training teams.

Crawling into bed with her I curl around her, trying to re-infuse my smell on her. She immediately, even in slumber, scoots closer to my warmth. A small smile make it's way onto my lips and I kiss her head before closing my eyes and finding some sleep.

Unknown's POV

Stupid flaming dragonslayer interrupting my miniscule time with my sweet little Heartfilia. The incompetent idiot doesn't deserve a precious flower like her, he even had the audacity to mark what is mine. With a snarl I continue my journey to the mountainous part of this pitiful landform.

My endpoint being not far from here I start to descend from the sky and land in front of a cave. The black and blue beak-like snout poking out of the cave lifts and a growl starts to emit from the creature it belongs to. In return I let out a huff of impatience, the growling quickly stops and Acnologia comes out of the shadows, submissively lowering his head.

"Is everything in order?" I ask while tilting his head up with a single claw. .

"Yes sir, all preparations for the upcoming war have been taken care of." He responds quickly and straightens his posture, clearly trying to impress me.

"Good." I grunt and press my head against his briefly as a small praise. I then look across the horizon picturing the future and all it encases.

The world will be consumed in my darkness, with my beautiful spark of light ruling next to me as my queen.

-----------------------------------------------------------
It's not the best chapter, but I'm trying to get the story moving a little more quickly than it is. And it doesn't help that I get one idea and it turns into ten other ones, we'll get there soon though maybe, hopefully, probably not. But anyways until next time, bye!!