Chapter 2 The First Trimester

A/N: Here's the next chapter, broken into trimesters. Once again, this section lives up to its PG-13 rating, so be advised. Remember, the author and her ego need constant attention, so votes, fans and comments speed the uploading process, plus make for a better day for me! :D Enjoy!

               “They’re going to know something is up when they see us both here,” Emily commented a few days later as she and Shane walked hand-in-hand to pick up the kids after school.

               It was only a ten minute breezy walk from Shane’s beach house to the elementary school, but Emily usually did it alone. However today both she and Shane had met with her obstetrician and the news had been conflicting. Subsequently Shane’s needy side was showing, causing Emily to drag him along for the school pickup.

                Shaking his head now ruefully, Shane replied, “Something was up, but after today’s meeting, shit! You’ll be lucky if you find Shane Jr. with a magnifying glass during the next nine months!”

                Emily’s throaty, bell-like laugh shot desire straight to his groin, forcing Shane to revise his comment in his head: maybe not the whole nine months! Halting his steps, Shane turned his wife to face him, lifting his designer sunglasses to the top of his dark head and likewise doing the same with Emily’s. Her laughter died on her lips at the suddenly serious look upon her husband’s face.

                “I swear to God, Emily, I love you so much! All the things the doctor said that could go wrong with the baby are scaring me shitless! But the good news is he never really said that anything bad could happen to you, and for that I am damn thankful!”

                 Shane finished this impassioned speech by wrapping his arms tightly around Emily, pulling her up snug against a remarkably recovered Shane Jr., and devouring her lips with his own. Slanting his mouth across hers, tongue demanding entry into the bliss of Emily’s mouth, his hands also began to roam. Totally forgetting his whereabouts in the quest for domination, as well as capitulation, Shane’s lips cruised over his wife’s then leaving them momentarily to nibble her jaw line.

               At last he received his wife’s surrender in the form of her body sagging against his. With her arms looping around his neck, Shane reveled in the feel of her soft frame plastered along his harder one as if she wanted to crawl inside his very being. Warmth spread through him, pooling in his groin area while desire rose within like a giant wave. Now his lips returned to Emily’s, wet, demanding, tempting her tongue to come out and play—

                “Ahem!”

                The throat-clearing repeated three more times before it penetrated the haze of arousal clouding Shane’s brain. It never penetrated Emily’s, as her head followed his, whimpering in dismay even as Shane pulled back dazedly, dodging his extremely-turned-on wife’s seeking mouth. Eyes flashing around, they finally rested on one of the soccer moms of Emily’s acquaintance as she stood, hand on hip, shaking her head patiently.

                Steadying Emily with one hand Shane blinked, wiping his mouth with the back of his free hand slowly and saying while taking a breath, “Hi ya, Sandra.” Miraculously his eyes met hers squarely, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

               Sandra drawled, “Folks, don’t do that here unless, of course, you’re gonna share with everyone,” and Sandra laughed even as Shane’s wide smile faded, replaced with one more cunning and sexy as he eyed the African-American woman.

              Giving Emily more needed time to recover from his sensual onslaught Shane drawled thoughtfully, “That idea bears some study, I reckon. I can see the title now: ‘Shane McNeal: Gun for Hire.’ What d’ya think, Honey?”