Chapter 4: To Eat a Dream

After spending the weekend exploring the place he would be staying in for the next ten mouths, it was time for his first day at school. "Danny, get up right now!" Whisper shouted floating in fount of the sleeping Danny's face.

"Five more minutes," Danny groaned as he rolled over. For the past couple of years ever since he gotten his ghost powers, Danny barely had gotten the chance to have a good night rest and he wasn't going to let this opportunity be wasted. Plus his body wasn't quite use to the time change as well.

"If you don't want to be late for your first day as an exchange student, then I suggest that you get up right this instant!" Whisper demanded.

With the feeling that the guy was not going to be letting up anytime soon, Danny gradually opened his eyes and then glared at what he saw. Whisper the marshmallow ghost was once again floating right up in his face. He wanted to blast the annoying Yo-Kai with an ectoblast right now, but knowing that it would give away his secret, he not so kindly pushed him away, "Can you please stay out of my face? I need to breathe you know."

"Well maybe if you woken up on time, I wouldn't have," Whisper retorted as he righted himself a bit surprised at the strength the boy had, "And you just may end up arriving on time if you hurry."

At hearing this, Danny's eyes went wide and he bolted up right, "Shoot! I'm late!" then he started getting ready for school.

Whisper watched in amazement at the speed the boy was going. He was sure he never saw anyone move like that before in a rush. "If only Nate would move like that to get ready for school."

In the middle of the rush, Jibanyan decided just then to come out of the closet. But at the same time Danny was going right by the closet and tripped right over the cat. "Ow, why are you in such a rush?" Jibanyan asked as he got back up and rubbed his head.

"I'm going to be late!" Danny answered as he got back up and started picking up the things he dropped.

"What do you mean? It's still pretty early, even Nate is still asleep," Jibanyan commented as he helped Danny pick his things up.

At hearing what Jibanyan said, Danny couldn't help but turn his gaze upon Whisper and glare angrily at him, "You mean that I'm not late?"

Whisper was sure he saw Danny's eyes glow bright neon green for a moment, but pushed it aside when a shiver went down his back from the anger in Danny's voice. "No, not at the moment. But you would have been late if you stayed in bed any longer."

Danny just sighed knowing that it was no use to argue over it, at least he was use to getting up at this time to fight ghosts. "Well, at least it wasn't a ghost attack that woke me," he whispered to himself as he put his things in his school bag. With the thought of ghost attacks in mind, he rushed over to one of his bags.

Both Jibanyan and Whisper made their over to Danny to see what he was after. But what they saw made them stare in confusion, "A thermos?" Whisper stated a bit confused.

"It's the Fenton Thermos," Danny stated, "Its designed to trap ghosts inside."

"Cool!" Jibanyan commented as he started thinking of how he could use it on a certain Yo-Kai.

"And why would it trap ghosts?" Whisper asked wanting to know why he had a ghost capturing device.

"My parents are ghost hunters," Danny answered, "And this is one of their inventions they created to capture ghosts once they are weakened. It's pretty useful if you want to stop a rampaging ghost that is trying to destroy your town."

"But does it work on Yo-Kai?" Whisper asked, he didn't like the idea of being caught in something that small.

"Let's see," Jibanyan responded as he grabbed the thermos from Danny, took the cover off and aimed it at Whisper. Then after pressing some random buttons, a blue beam shot out of it and sucked a surprised Whisper inside the device, "Awesome!"