fifty-eight || real life

his shoes tapped fervently against the tiled floor, a nervous breath parting his lips. the nurse at the front desk bobbed her head up and down as he asked questions in an attempt to calm his frayed nerves. a burger king meal wrinkled in his grasp, the famous logo imprinted boldly on the brown, paper bag.

the nurse's clear voice gave him instructions as to where his girlfriend was, and he thanked her with a polite smile, one hand smoothing back the few strands of hair. his white shoes slapped against the relatively empty hallway, the crinkled bag of fast food swinging into his jeans and the warm smell wafted into the air, turning noses.

room 304.

with a sigh, he turned the doorknob and closed the door behind him quietly, though the woman in the hospital bed stirred at the slight movement.

"who is it?" her words came out slurred, and she smelled like bleach. her collarbone peeked out from underneath the hospital gown, stitches littering the bone, and she winced sharply in an attempt to sit upright. her eyes slowly inched open, as if they were pressed down by weights.

"hi, doll." sebastian walked towards her slowly, as one would walk towards a frightened puppy.

lavender gave the faintest of smiles, dark bags hanging underneath of her eyes, her lips chapped, "sorry, didn't know i was talking to bucky barnes." her voice was clearer now, but still scratchy.

a relieved chuckle left the man's mouth, glad that at least her humor had returned, and he perched on the side of her bed. "i got you something."

"god, i wonder what it is." she rolled her eyes, snatching the paper bag out of his hand with a soft laugh. "thank you, though."

she reached over for a hug, which he gladly gave her, one of his hands resting in between her shoulder blades, the other reaching under the blanket and gently squeezing her waist. she'd lost weight, it seemed.

"are they not feeding you here?" he joked, though worry lines ruined his smile.

she scoffed, "it's all super healthy shit." lavender angled herself towards him, eyes bright. "i feel like a vegan here."

the romanian finally admitted a laugh, the tension in his shoulders releasing. "other than that, how is it here?" he glanced around the white room, eyes resting on the sundry of flowers and get-well-soon cards littered on a table near her.

"not bad." she answered,  licking salt off of her thumb. "i'm probably being given special treatment, though." the brunette shrugged, handing him the now empty bag.

"i just can't think straight, y'know. i think it's the drugs." lavender yawned, eyes lidded when she looked at him again.

"can they take you off the meds?"

she shifted, "i mean... yea, but i'd rather stay on them. my torso still hurts."

the door opened, and none other than james franco stepped in, wielding a half-melted ice cream cone.

"How long did it take you to realize that that was a bad idea?"

"about... two minutes." he chuckled, seemingly ignoring her current boyfriend.

sebastian shifted, nodding a greeting to james and withdrawing his arm, "nice to see that you're doing well, james."

"mmm... doing better than her isn't much of a feat." he grinned, winking at lavender.

the brunet felt like he was missing out on an inside joke when lavender snorted at that, and it must've showed, for she squeezed his hand.

sebastian cleared his throat and stared out the window across from her room, "so you've come here often?"

"i was supposed to meet lavvie really quick— she owed me $5 and it was a coincidence, but ended up with her in the e.r, so... yea." james shrugged, inspecting his fingernails.

lavender shrugged up at him, as if to say no big deal. "you've been busy filming, so i make him bring me things, since he's unemployed."

"oh shit! i need to go—my brother is waiting at the airport. i forgot about him. talk to you lovebirds later!" james started out of his armchair, skidding out of the hospital room.

"you never told me about needing to pay him back."

"it never crossed my mind to tell you something that isn't important."

"he's rich; he doesn't need five dollars, ven. you could be eating at a restaurant if it wasn't for franco over there." sebastian bristled, shifting off of her bed.

lavender glared at him and he could see the venom under the mask. "i know you don't like him, but he's a good friend. if you want to blame someone, blame who crashed into me."

with a bit of a scorning laugh, sebastian looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "lav—you drove into a tree."

"okay, and? when i'm out, we're gonna go chop that tree down."

————-

edited 06.19.19

--
a/n: last chapter!! GO READ BLUEBELLS now