thirty-six || party

NOTE: if youre rereading this PLEASE take note of how much i've altered the original plotline
———

Chris Evans offered a beam and a wink as a woman almost his height stepped into the raucous house, followed by two blondes.

"This is a recipe for disaster." Lavender said, wearing a lacy white off-the-shoulder dress as she brushed past him. She latched onto Leigha's elbow as she stumbled, the five-inch pumps on her feet stabbing into her soles like daggers. Her friend was clad in a red satin piece, while Scylla had draped herself in a matching black body-con number.

The bearded man shrugged, offering her a hand at her mishap, "Hopefully we can figure it out with a couple of drinks."

Scylla sighed and glanced around, quiet for once in her life. She said nothing but offered him a small smile, straining not to stare at the arms twitter often went hysterical about.

Chris didn't respond, merely shrugging with a cheeky grin as he led them towards the voices, a loud laugh rising towards them every few seconds.

Another blonde peered out of a dimly lit hallway. The poor lighting couldn't hide Scarlett Johansson's signature grin as she sped over to them as best she could in the tight miniskirt around her waist, shoes in her hand.

"She truly is the world's sexiest woman," Leigha mumbled, a shit-eating grin on her face as she nudged Lavender.

The blonde smacked Captain America's temple gently, before gesturing to the ruby stilettos in her hand, "Where can I put these?"

"Oh. I can take them." He responded with a soft smile, grabbing them and heading to another corner of his house.

Scarlett turned to embrace the three, smelling of bourbon and citrus. "It's great to actually meet you all."

A genuine smile feathered her lips, and she led them into the living room, a constant stream of bubbly phrases calming the three's nerves.

The Elizabeth Olsen squealed and looped her arms around each of their necks, suffocating them in a great bear hug.

Lavender pivoted around to give Scarlett a word, but the peppy actress had disappeared into the fray.

Scylla stepped to the side, fanning herself with a hand as she scanned the room, eyes wide at the overwhelming number of celebrities crowded into one room.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air." She said, leaning heavily into her friends before making a getaway towards the patio doors.

And so, there were two.

Leigha smirked at Lavender, an 'i told you so' quirking her eyebrow up.

She smacked her elbow gently, and they followed Elizabeth to the marble island, an array of drinks sitting pretty on the white granite.

She bobbed her head over and over again as Leigha asked a multitude of light questions, a glint in the actress' eyes as she emptied another shot. "So... have you seen —"hiccup "— Sebastian or his ex yet?"

"Stan said he was going to be late," Lavender grinned, downing her own in a silent toast.

Leigha nudged her shoulder, a fierce whisper tickling the shell of her ear, "I think I just saw Robert Downey Jr. I need to meet that man, Lav."

They exchanged a silent conversation through arched eyebrows and head motions, before she dashed off to find the living legend himself.

Lizzie was still beaming, a genuine little lady. She maintained a charming presence even with her cheeks flushed red, and Lavender wanted to reach over and hug her and never let go.

"How are you doing? With the time-difference and all? And the cameras now? How's Sebastian?"

"The paps are a bit ... more now. He's great — left early this afternoon to buy something." She pursed her lips, smoothing back her braided updo, "I'm a little jet-lagged, but I think it'll be alright. You?"

"Fine as well-" Elizabeth was cut off by a boisterous young man, who waved cheerfully as he spluttered out compliments and random topics of conversation, including the weather back in Ireland, how pictures didn't do you justice and the vodka in your hand — also his favorite.

Tom Holland reached for her hand, "Hi! I swear I'm not drunk yet. You live up to what Sebastian says about you!"

She ignored his open palm to wrap him in a hug, the actor barely taller than her. Charming was the only thing she could describe him as, a smile entrancing her lips.

"He talks about me?" Lavender reclined in her stool, elbows resting against the smooth countertop. The rim of the plastic solo cup touching her lips as she planned to bully her boyfriend about the subject later. She rolled her tongue over the word, mouthing it against the alcohol stinging her nose. She hadn't realized she was smiling until Elizabeth flashed her a responding grin.

"You'd be deaf not to notice," Tom scoffed, before his joking manner dissipated and he gestured to a silver-clad woman sitting on a barstool. She was surrounded by a couple of people that looked vaguely familiar.

She groaned, slumping over the granite as a familiar voice expressed her own thoughts.

"I don't think we planned this out well."

Lavender glanced up to find Chris scratching his beard, a matching cringe on both of their faces.

She almost laughed, were it not for the situation at hand and the worry gnawing at her stomach. The other half of the Smirnoff didn't seem as attractive anymore.

"Oh shut up, Chris!"

She shot up, the stool unsteady beneath her sudden actions. A hand was there to stabilize her, resting on her back — Sebastian, she sighed in relief, reaching to wrap her palm in his.

Laughter crinkled his eyes, and the two shared a hug. She smothered herself in his chest, the baby-blue polo he wore bearing the comforting scent of fresh linen. He relinquished her, and went around greeting the rest of the cast.

"You're late," she heard Chris say.

Lavender cast a look around at the mass of people gathered around the kitchen counter, more than she had realized.

There was a moment where she wanted to cry, maybe go around and hug all of them. It was the first time meeting most, and yet they all carried a familiarity and homeliness about them.

"You guys ready to get to the bottom of this?" Sebastian lifted a beer bottle, making a quiet toast.

"Aye." Chris Evans winked, and everyone else chorused in chaotic glee.

a/n:
EDITED 6/9/2018

EDITED AGAIN 5.05.19

LAST edit 05.16.20