You Have To Trust Me-Bad Dream

"Louis, I can't stand having a whiny, self conscious, prick calling me every 20 minutes when I'm trying to study and have a life at my new Uni!"

I stumbled back, as soon as I got the voice to protest, Harry continued his rant.

"I figured that when I ignored your calls you'd finally take the hint and fuck off." Harry crossed his arms in front of him. His scowl stayed locked on his face like a tattoo, he was dressed in jock clothes with his hair slightly upward, most of his curls where more straight than not. I couldn't handle this. He wasn't the same boy I fell in love with as a kid, and again on the soccer field a year ago.

I searched my brain for the words to say, not wanting to upset him more but more of looking for understanding. "If you didn't want me calling, why didn't you just dump me instead of this?" I gestured to our stance as I said the end of my sentence. We were awkwardly standing a few feet apart in a park not far from his dorm, it was starting to rain and he still had the same expression as before. I settled with biting my lip to keep tears from forming and fumbled with my beanie over and over.

He huffed, as if my question was obvious. "It was because I felt sorry for you! God, you just don't get it!" He became more angry than annoyed now, taking a couple steps forward and pointing a finger in my direction. "Dad and mum started to fight, you ran your pathetic ass to my house for comfort. The kids in my new town would pick on you and I had to be the one to defend you, don't forget the countless times I stood up for you when you kept cheating on me!"

I gasped for breath, I couldn't bear to hear anymore. I tried plugging my ears and began to run but my feet failed me and I was sent flying to the ground. Lifting my sore body, I saw Harry was quickly beside me and I felt a sharp pain as he jerked me to my feet. I tried to loosen his grip but it was pointless, it was firm and he just stood watching me squirm, an evil smile never leaving his face.

"Louis, Louis, Louis" he breathed, "I'm not even close to being done with you. I tried to think of what he meant but a fist connecting with the side of my face stopped me cold. I was laying on the pavement, cheek bleeding and a terrifying Harry looming over me. I made a weak attempt to get up but he just simply pressed his foot to my chest, pinning me to the ground. "Stay put", with that I was being hit left and right, my screams and protests didn't phase him. I felt my nose shatter under his blows and I just sobbed even harder, knowing it did no good. Kicking my foot up I-

I woke up panting, my sheets were on the floor and I couldn't move. Gaining back the energy to move my muscles, I sat up and fumbled with the lamp switch, when I managed to get it to work, light immediately filled the room.

The moment I realized it was a dream, a flow of tears began pouring out. I couldn't stop it, so I didn't, I just cried right there. Letting out all of the sadness and anger that I had been feeling for weeks, all the unreturned phone calls, all of the ignored text messages and just the frustration of not knowing...'why'.

My hysterical state must have woken Liam up because he was by my side, his tan arms wrapped me in a hug, his soothing voice trying to say words of comfort to calm me down. I was having trouble breathing at this point and it was starting to make Liam panic.

"Lou please, please calm down. It was a nightmare. It wasn't real okay?" His thumb was still making little circles in the lower area of my back, it was a relaxing feeling and soon I noticed my breathing return to a more natural rhythm. I sniffed a few times and looked up at Liam who had the most worrisome expression.

"I'm fine now, I just had an awful dream but it felt so real! Liam he was hitting me and he told me why he wouldn't call me and I just couldn't take it!" My body felt numb as the words tumbled out, telling him how the dream went.

He kissed my head and continued rubbing my shoulders for comfort. "Trust me, Harry would never do something like that, he truly loves and cares about you."

I shook my head, "but what about the parts where he said I was in the way? It's all true."

He closed his eyes, whispering he said, "if I remember correctly, he was the one who went chasing after you on more than one occasion, was put in the hospital trying to be with you, and thrown in prison for getting into a fight because he was jealous. Louis, if you had ever been 'in Harry's way', he wouldn't have done all those things for you, okay?"

I forced myself to make eye contact with him again and he was smiling at me, a comforting smile that let me know he was speaking from his heart and wasn't lying to make me feel better. I began smiling back without realizing it and sighed. I guess I should be content with the conversation for now, thinking more about how lucky Niall and I were to have such an amazing friend and boyfriend in our lives.

I snuggled into Liam's chest and he started slipping into unconsciousness almost immediately. We laid like that for hours until I drifted off again, still in my roommates arms.