Chapter 2

I could not take my eyes off the movie. Even while eating, I continued to stare at the screen in a trance. I can't believe I ate all the popcorn and honey barbecue chips we have. That's odd considering my sister eats more than me on a daily basis.

Anyway, that was the best movie I've seen in a while. Sure it's no Breaking Dawn, which some might be into, but I am not. I don't hate the Twilight saga, but I just don't like it either. I still don't understand the whole 'Teams' for Twilight like Team Edward or Team Jacob. How people can get so into books and movies is beyond me. I haven't seen a movie since mom died.. Until now, that is.

I don't care what people think! That movie was inspiring. It had everything in it. I mean everything. Could I start making a difference like Trevor did? He's only twelve, but he did so much to better people's lives. He just might be my role model.

Oh no, I'm starting to sound like my sister! Even if I do help make the world a better place I don't want to have to die like Trevor did...

"Earth to lol! Do you hear me?" Morgan said while prodding my side.

I jumped in response and glared.

"What?" I asked.

She was waiting for something. Then sighed and rolled her eyes.

"For Christ sake! How did you like the movie?"

"Oh. Yeah it was OK.." I said hesitantly. What would she say if she knew I actually loved that movie.

She gave me an almost invisible frown. Then got up from the couch and plainly said, "Ok."

She gathered up all the junk food lying around on the living room table then went to dispose it in the trash.

I looked down at my clothes noticing I was still in my clothes from last night. Then looked at the clock to see that it was 6 o'clock at night. Figures. I traveled from the spacious living room to my temporary room. My room had clothes scattered on the floor. My un made bed in the center of the room along with a closet. Light brown carpeting and white walls surrounded me and a window gave me a good view of my environment outside. Sure the room was a mess because of me, but it was everything I needed and more.

Way better than working on the street as a clown or being a hobo (or a homeless person as my sister corrects me) or something to that effect. I went and put on my Fox hoodie and a pair of jeans. Then while trying to find my shoes I searched my entire room. I made more of a mess of the room than I already had.

I went to look for them out in the kitchen when I heard the shower running. When I finally found my shoes under the table Emery was gnawing at my shoelaces. I smirked and pick Emery up. Emery always meows. Sometimes she sounds whiny like she is saying "Pet me now!" Other times it sounds like she is talking to you. That's what she sounded like now.

"Does my shoelace taste good?" I cooed. She answered me with a happy meow. I petted her a little while longer before putting her down. Why am I talking to a cat? Sure some people do, but still.

I threw on my Axion Heritage shoes and left a note on the table.

Dear Morgan,

Yes. I have my cell phone call me if you want, but do it after you read this message. I am going for a walk. Yes I know 'it's dangerous at night with all the druggies' etc etc. I'll be fine. I am just going to do something with my life or my health I should say. For once that is.

Sincerely with love and all that other crap,

Landon Otto Lawrence (but you already knew that)

Then I bolted out the door. Finally doing something feels nice. I can't tell you how many days I thought about running just for the hell of it. Luckily I was far from being chunky, but I wasn't a body builder or a marathon runner. As I ran past cars and people I waved. A few people waved back.