Chapter 3

I walked into the apartment and made my way toward the stairs. Wiping the sweat off my face while treading along. It was an invalid attempt to make my self somewhat presentable. Did I actually care what they thought of me? If so this is going to be one hell of a night.

 I suppressed my thoughts before knocking on my sisters door. Haunt me another time. Not now memories.

I gave a quick knock on the door and waited outside with my hands in my pockets. I forgot the key to the apartment.. again. Morgan opened the door and gave me a forced smile. For a reason I would soon find out.

"Hey Landon! Long time no see eh, buddy?"

My least favorite cousin Ralph said as he came bounding up to us and wrapping his large arms around Morgan and I. Rather awkwardly too I'm about five inches off his 6 foot 6 inch frame but Morgan was over a foot smaller than him being 5 foot 3 inches.

 It was rather comical seeing her irritated face it almost looked like we were in an anime show. You could practically see the veins popping out of her forehead.

Maybe I should explain why we dislike him so much. He ruined my life. That pretty much sums it up. Oh, you want details? Well hear it is. We went to the same high school and this was our senior year. It was supposed to be the highlight of our lives. I was the average joe and he was the football star. We talked occassionally because we were cousins and I let him date my ex girlfriend Jullie.

She was tall with goddess legs, beautiful cascading dyed auburn hair smoldering brown eyes and had a few addictions. She dumped me because I was quote 'an amazing guy and loads of fun but not really my type. Can we be friends?'. Just because I didn't want to smoke with her, but I got over it. She ended up getting Ralph into weed and they brought some to school. I gave him a ride to school that day cause his car was in the shop. Then being his awesome self he ended up planting it in my car. On not just any day, but a Code Blue Day.

What's a 'code blue day'? I know it sounds like its out of an action movie, but its not. It deals with cops going around the school with police dogs trying to bust people with weapons, drugs and alchol. Yes they are allowed to search your car too if it is parked on school property. Everyone is supposed to stay inside their class rooms while this is going on. Needless to say I didn't know I was going to be called down for possession of weed.

So yeah imagine being on the honor roll for five years and then having possession of weed on your application. Not very promising for a good job. Thanks to my cousin. Why the fuck did I let him get away with that? God, I don't even remember. I really must have changed since then.

"Oh hey. Yeah its been awhile." I replied. Prying my way out of his tanned muscles. Gosh how long has he been going to the gym? His arms are the size of tires! Ok that's an exaggeration, but still! Muscle Man here really should read a book or something. 

I quickly rushed into the living room to find Jessie, Erin and Wyatt there. Wyatt was probably the only good one here. He's kind of a nerd but he's cool. He had dark charcoal black hair like mine with contacts in his dark eyes. He should finally be able to drive at almost 17. His birthday should be soon. I think in January? He just sat there shoving his nose in a book. Totally engrossed in it. So much that he didn't hear Jessie's shrieks at the Tv.

She was a cute 15 year old with short light brown hair with rainbow streaks in it and almost black eyes like Wyatt's. She has always been obsessed with video games. Seriously, me and her used to play all the time. The only problem was she was a sore loser and would hit me whenever I beat her. But now she was screaming at the game Call Of Duty that Erin was playing and ignoring Jessie's screams to let her play.

Just then Jessie pounced  on Erin in a burst of immaturity and they started wrestling like animals. Trying to gain the controller as they unleashed a can of whoop ass.

"Enough!" Was all Morgan had to shout from in the kitchen to make them pause from their despute. With that I took the controller and turned off the Tv.

"Hey!" Jessie and Erin both shouted in unison as I took the X-Box to my room.

"Hey too you guys too." Was all I replied.

I just hung out in my room until Erin came and snuck in. Her shoulder length black hair in a frizzy mess. She looked at me and just stood there. It was a little bit awkward but then again she is 12. That's a very awkward year all together. At least she didn't get pantsed in the hall way at school. Good times.. Not!

"Why are you in here Land?" I forgot her nickname for me. I wonder why they came here anyway. Wouldn't their parents ask why or at least come with them?

"Cuz I feel like it Air. Ya wanna join me?"  I smiled and patted my bed welcoming her to be my company. She smiled a toothy grin missing two teeth on her bottom row. She jumped up and down on my bed her ocean blue eyes shining. Eh, only gonna be a kid once in your life right?

"Land jump!" She repeated this every time she jumped up and down on the bed. I laughed and shook my head no. How old does she think she is? Dang I must be getting old.

Then as abruptly as she started jumping on the bed she jumped off and ran out of the room. Well that was random. I just sat there not really paying attention to anything in the whole world. That is until another person enters my room.

It turns out to be Wyatt. He strolled in  uncharacteristically bold. Almost like he was on a mission and was afraid to chicken out so he needed to get it over with.

"Hey what's up Wyatt?"

"Landon I have something to ask you."

"Mmk well spit it out dude. I won't bite ya." I smiled showing off my well polished teeth for dramatic effect.

"Uhm. Why do our Mom and Dad tell us to stay away from you?"

I paused. I thought Aunt Holly and Uncle Jim liked me.

"What do you mean bud?"

"Oh, uhm, I heard them talking to Uncle Jack about stuff and they mentioned your senior year. Something about wondering where you are today. And Ralph told em' you were living with Morgan because she facebooked it a while ago."

"Hmm. I see... I think me and Ralph are going to have a good talk." I ruffled his hair and launched out of my room almost like fire ignited me under the butt. He is not ruining my life with my family. He is going to tell the truth. If I have to drag the words out of his perfect little mouth.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 23, 2012 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Just Another Dayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें