Just Another Day(being rewritten/edited b4 continued)

My first attempt at a story so please tell me what you think and be straight forward please. I'm not going to ask you guys to go easy on my work. Just be honest and I'll try and edit it to the best of my abilities. Enjoy.

********************************************************************************************************

eu·phe·mism 'yufəˌmɪzəm/ [yoo-fuh-miz-uhm]

noun

1. the substitution of a mild, indirect, or vague expression for one thought to be offensive, harsh, or blunt.

2. the expression so substituted:

"To pass away" is a euphemism for "to die."

My euphemism is being "between jobs". In other words, I am a jobless loser living in my sister's apartment, not knowing what to do with my life. No offense to all the other people out there in my shoes. I am frantically searching for a job of any kind. Do not get me wrong, I love my younger sister, and she is all I have left. Yet, I need some time alone. There is only so much 'family time' I can manage. This goes for all family, but I spend more time with Morgan than anyone else. Is that weird? Oh well, I could not care less.

Here I am sitting on my lazy derrière watching the news with my sister. Definitely not my choice. I am not a global thinker, but my sister is. The only reason I am sitting here watching it is because the case about Jerry Sandusky fascinated me, and not in a good way. If Mom and Dad were still around they would be raving up a storm of cuss words against Jerry. I can not believe any person would sexually abuse a child. In the shower no less. It makes me want to assault him.

Could he really be innocent as he proclaims? Probably not, only because every human being will go to great strides to hide things they are ashamed of or do not want others to find out. Maybe he is in denial? Why do I care? It's not my place to judge, so that's why I don't watch the news. Propaganda twists peoples' thoughts and emotions without revealing the whole truth. That's my definition of the news. Anyway, back to my point about the Sandusky situation, we all have rough patches in life. I got over mine... to an extent. Overall though, life is always going to be just another day.

Just then her pet cat, Emery, a lovely black cat with golden eyes jumped up on the couch. Meowing for attention and jumping up on Morgan's lap. She started purring instantaneously in her owners arms. Emery was named after one of Morgan's favorite bands. I remember when she just got her, we were around 15 and 17. A man with a beer gut and shaggy tangled brown hair, obviously living in his car, broke down and left the vehicle to yell at some pudgy woman. He reeked from a mile away, almost as bad as his attitude. He kept bellowing at her to call a towing service and got the cops called on him.

Morgan and I were walking home and decided to snoop in his car after he got escorted out by a cop. He looked like the regular hicks you would see at the local bar called The Pub Brothers. I also remember his three canary yellow teeth. That's what happens when chewing too much tobacco kiddies!

I like how the cop ignored the cat in the back seat. Sure don't do anything with the car or the cat let the tow truck driver deal with it. It's an animal that needs love, not thrown away like trash. People.

There were two cases of beer in his robustly beat up, 1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia. There was also a calendar, a hula dancer bobble head, a Yahtzee game, along with blankets, pillows and cat food. Did I mention along with Emery?

"Can you believe this?" asked my sister, Morgan Lawrence. I just shook my head in disbelief. She looked at me questioningly, with those hazel eyes seeing through me. She looked so much like mom only with dad's unruly curls and button nose. The only thing we share in common physically is our hazel eyes.

That's a good thing. I don't want a sister that looks like she could be more masculine than me. I could picture her as a guy though. I had to stifle a laugh thinking about Morgan having a mustache.

"Your normally not this quiet. What's up? Is it cause of Mom and Dad's anniversary?" she observed. Analytic as ever. Ah, sarcasm we meet again. November 11, 2003 was the date mom got fired from her job as a sales manager. She practically became a different person. Always getting fights with dad about getting a new job and drinking too much. One day a fight of theirs' escalated and a year later to the date mom got fired was when she died. In a car accident, or a suicide success think. Me? I still don't know what to make of it.

"Can you just change the station?" I paused before adding, "Please sister dearest? Before we grow elderly together or kill each other." She rolled her eyes and smirked.

"As you wish l.o.l." She said flipping the station.

No, she did not say "lol" as in text language. Those are my initials for Landon Otto Lawrence. My sister uses "lol" as a nickname for me, hopefully just between us. Our Mom and Dad had convenient names picked out for us before we were born. We were supposed to be planned little angels but, you know how that goes.

I always wondered why Landon could not be my middle name. Morgan's middle name is Lily, named after Mom's favorite flower. My name was in honor of Michael Landon, my parent's favorite actor. Why couldn't my name be Michael? Landon can have too many jokes to handle. That is, if some people are feeling creative. Anyway, they absolutely worshipped Michael Landon. They had seen every episode of "Bonanza" and made Morgan and I watch "Little House on the Prairie" for half of our childhood. I even remember them saying one good thing Ronald Reagan did was going to Michael Landon's memorial service when I had to do a report for History. This report was on Ronald Reagan not Michael Landon.

I miss them so much. What happened to us?

"Shut up." I told her as I shoved her facetiously. She just laughed light-hearted. How does she always have a good attitude? Not that I am complaining at least she's not an annoying little sister always on her period. Most of the time anyway.

After she got a hold of herself she said jokingly, "My how mature for a twenty-two year old."

"You're just jealous I can drink and you can't." I retorted boisterously.

"Legally... then why don't you go drinking and partying every night?" She replied mischievous like a fairy. The smile faded from my face and then in hers' seeing me get serious.

"Because of mom remember? I promised her I wouldn't, besides I don't have any money." I said in a monotone voice. Morgan obviously felt remorse immediately, you can read her like an open book. She moved around uncomfortably in her seat as silence filled the room. After a while she nudged me sisterly.

"Don't worry I am here and you can drink once in a while, but not constantly. Right? Your lucky I got a good scholarship and degree early for Anesthesiology so I can afford a place. Thank you AP and Honors classes! You should've taken more." She replied.

I gave a small smile and nodded. Maybe if I went to college I wouldn't be in this situation. Little does Morgan know I did it for her. Mom and Dad did not have enough money to pay for half the stuff they did, let alone send both of us to college. Morgan got a good scholarship, I wish I remembered the name, but it wasn't a full scholarship.

She finally found a good station with a movie playing. The movie was called "Pay it Forward".

"I love this movie!" Morgan exclaimed, "have you seen it?" I shook my head no. She smiled knowingly.

"I think you're going to love it."

Curiously I turned to watch the movie. What is so special about "Paying it Forward"?

***************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading! Honestly if you have any ideas, comments, concerns message me or post a comment below. It would really help me out because I honestly have no idea where I am going to end up with this story. I don't even know how to categorize it yet. So any advice given is greatly appreciated!

<3