Chapter Four

Chuck called Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, and even little Castiel into his study. He received several confused looks from his children, but he remained silent until Castiel spoke up.

"Where's Luci?" Chuck looked each of his children in the eye.

"Lucifer is no longer permitted in Heaven," he said. "Michael, you already know this as you were the one to seal him in his Cage."

"Cage?" asked Gabriel. "What Cage?"

"Lucifer's Cage," Chuck answered. "It's located in Hell."

"What's Hell?" asked Raphael.

"Hell is where Lucifer will be spending the rest of eternity. Your brother rebelled and twisted a human soul into something of evil. A demon."

"Evil?" asked Gabriel. "Demons? What are those?"

"Things that I wish did not exist," replied Chuck. "I knew that Lucifer would be the first one to rebel. Even in the past hour, I've had to cast down a third of your brothers and sisters because they decided to follow Lucifer." The angels gasped.

"What will happen to us?" asked Raphael. "To the humans? To all of creation?"

"Everything will have to deal with this evil that Lucifer has started. Someday, any of you may need to go to Earth, find a human that is willing and strong enough to be your vessel, and help humanity. That day will not come for a very long time, but it will come. Do you understand?" The three archangels nodded. Castiel had fallen asleep in Gabriel's arms. Gabriel looked down at the sleeping angel. I won't let Lucifer touch you. I won't let anything happen to you, Castiel. You're my baby brother and I intend to protect you.

Castiel grew into a fine angel over the next hundred or so years. He was still quite attached to Gabriel and still had the toys that Gabriel had made for him. Gabriel eventually showed Castiel his favourite spot in Heaven, and he could tell that Castiel loved it too. They were sitting and watching the humans when Castiel suddenly spoke up.

"Do you ever miss Lucifer?" The question took Gabriel by surprise. I guess... No. If he would rebel against Dad, he's not worth missing.

"No, I don't," Gabriel answered. "Lucifer doesn't belong here anymore. If he would rebel against Dad, why would he need to be missed?" Castiel thought about that for a few moments.

"But what if he's lonely down in his Cage in Hell?"

"I think he would deserve it." Castiel looked at Gabriel with wide eyes. "I'm sorry, Castiel. But... Luci isn't exactly high on my list for favourite people."

"I understand." Castiel spread his wings and lied back. Gabriel imitated him and Castiel snuggled closer to his brother. Luci may be gone, but Heaven is still paradise.