| Chapter Nineteen : It's All Too Good To Be True, Isn't It? |

After a few weeks, things started tumbling downwards. I was struggling to keep up my grades from hanging out with people and extra things. But, let's not even go there, kay? Everyone struggles with school, it's nothing to talk about.

I was standing by my locker, looking for my notes that I had stuck in there for the test we had for math. I was looking forward to it because if I pass this test, I'll bring my grade back up a bit. But suddenly all those hopeful and happy thoughts went downhill as Amber and her posse came around the corner. She smirked as she swayed her hips back and forth, those platforms she calls high heels clicking against the concrete flooring as she made her way to her locker, which to my dismay is right beside mine. I frowned and searched quicker, trying to find it and get out of there since everyone was crowding around her. I finally found my notebook and closed my locker, turning towards Amber and walking a few paces.

Before I could get past her, I felt myself falling. It was like slow motion, I knew it was happening, but I didn't realize it until it was too late and I hit the ground, hands extended to prop me up as my books flew here and there. I blushed but growled to myself as the kids around her laughed and snickered.

"Klutz." She snickered as she looked back in her mirror and finished fixing her lip-stick.

I frowned and picked up the rest of my books before I stood up and stared her down. I couldn't believe it, but no, wait, yes... I totally could believe it. She turned around and smirked at me before she turned back around and tossed her hair away from her shoulder, which also smacked me in the face from the length. I gripped my books tightly as she swayed her hips to the sides and sashayed over towards her "friends" and stared whispering and giggling.

No doubt it's about me...

Suddenly I heard something that fired me up worse. I knew I should have just walked away, but I didn't.

I yanked Amber back by her hair and glared at her as I spoke up, "What is your problem?!"

She screeched and smacked my hand away before she hissed, "What's my problem?! Hah! What's your problem, jackass?"

I frowned and answered, "No. What's your problem? What happened to you?!"

She growled and smacked me across the face before replying, "Nothing's happened to me! I'm sorry I'm better than you, though."

She smirked and got closer to me as she whispered in a hiss, "...But... Don't worry, I won't take away Alex. Even though he tried with me so... many... times... Wanting me... And only me."

"Oh, please. Don't test me. I know you tripped me, it's so obvious... And the school bully, yeah, know who that is, and honestly... Honey, your ends are split." I replied simply, shrugging and turning around to walk off. I got one step in before I got spun around by her yanking me to face her. Suddenly she started smacking me and punching me as hard as she could.

"My ends are split?! Oh please!" Her voice grew as she smacked me again, "I'll split YOUR ends!"

"Oh, please." I said before I flew my fist into her nose, "I don't think so."

Her nose began to spew out blood as she screamed and lunged at me, punching my chest and then flying her fist towards my jaw. I groaned and growled before I hit her back, throwing another punch to her face, then her stomach. She doubled over for a second, gasping for air before she looked back up, a glow in her eyes I had never seen before. Her glare was enough to make the crowd back up two paces (or more) as she flung her self onto me, pinning me to the floor as she threw punches at me left and right.

Her eyes glistened over with a sudden blackening look as she kept punching me and smacking me. Suddenly Trinity came running over and pushed her off before she stood in front of me and stood with her legs parted and her fists resting firmly on her hips.

"Get out of here," Trinity hissed at me, still facing towards Amber who was now standing up still angered beyond belief. I struggled to move towards the crowd, but I couldn't move well. Amber had punched my chest/stomach so hard that I was breathing rigidly.

Amber stood up and started swinging at Trinity, to which was all misses since Trinity ducked just in time. Suddenly Amber tried to lung towards me, but Trinity held her off.... At least for a while.

"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET JOCE OUT OF HERE?!" She screamed as loud as she could.

Suddenly someone with big arms and a warm body picked me up and brought me to "safety" in the crowd.

"You alright?" He asked with his masculine and husky voice; Alex came to my rescue...again.

"Y-yeah..." I managed to breathe out, nodding slightly. My eye was swelling up, probably beginning to be black and blue. My chest hurt, and my jaw wasn't too great, but I was going to be alright... I think... Maybe?

"Okay." He spoke softly before he dragged a lock of my hair behind my ear. I smiled lightly - as much as I could - before he returned it with a bigger smile and kissed my forehead.

The grunts kept coming as Trinity and Amber threw punches at each other, some misses, some hits. Suddenly the principal's voice boomed and the crowd made a line.

"What is going on here?! Out of my way!" He screeched and shoved some people out of the way.

Amber stopped and stood there gawking as Trinity slyly slid back into the crowd, managing to not be seen.

"What is going on here?" He asked again and then turned around and faced the crowd, "Anyone care to explain?"

Finally Amber swallowed hard and stood straight with her shoulders back and her chest puffed out. Her nose was still bleeding, but otherwise she looked fine... Somehow.

"Joce tripped." She spoke up.

"What?" The principal asked, his voice still booming.

"Joce tripped. I tried to help her... But..." She started the water works, "Then she insulted me and started fighting with me...! I-I only tried to help her... I..."

Her crying overwhelmed her as she tried to wipe away her tears. I glared as well as I could as Alex turned around and glared at her as well. Trinity crossed her arms and shook her head before the principal spoke up again.

"So why is she worse than you?" He asked.

"Um...duh...self defense." Amber replied matter-of-factly but with a cracked voice from crying as she shook her head like "duhh" and crossed her arms. The tears were still streaming down her face, but no make-up was smeared. Water proof, obviously.

"Don't talk to me in that tone, Miss." The principal said.

"Yeah, sorry..." She muttered before she turned around to walk away, but Trinity stopped her.

"Joce-AMBER! I am not done here. Thank you Trinity." He said, his voice growing louder. He sighed before he spoke up again, "In my office. Both of you... But Joce get to the nurse's office first."

Alex nodded as did I. Amber fumed off, stomping in the direction of the principal's office. Trinity smirked and walked over towards Alex and I before she put on a worried expression.

"Are you okay babe?" She asked, frowning lightly and looking down at me.

"Y-yeah... I'll be fine." I said, smiling lightly at her.

"Okay..." She nodded and smiled back, "Want me to come with you to the principal's office?"

"No, you weren't told to come and you have class. I'll be fine." I answered.

"Okay-" She got cut off by someone walking up to her and wrapping his arm around her shoulder as he pecked her cheek.

Her eyes widened as she swallowed and grinned sheepishly as she looked at me, "Heh...heh..."

"Aye, man." The guy said, nodding to Alex.

Alex helped me stand up on my feet then he swept me off of my feet, holding me in a bridal style and nodded to the guy, "Hey man! What's up? Well...other than gettin yourself a girl."

"Well..." He started, but Trinity quickly cut him off.

"Well, we're not technically boyfriend/girlfriend/dating...we're just going out and seeing each other. Ya know. Yeah." She said, forcing a few ha's and blushing as red as a beat.

I giggled and nodded towards class, "Go on you love birds."

She rolled her eyes as I winked. Her cheeks slowly stopped beaming bright red as she got her cool and intertwined her fingers with Derek and leaned into his side. He grinned as they walked off to class together. I smiled at them before I wrapped my arms around Alex's neck. Alex smiled and kissed my eyebrow softly, the pain was replaced with a small vibrate of electricity before Alex started walking towards the nurse's office.

~-♥-~

Amber sat in the chair next to me as she held a tissue to her nose and propped her head back a bit so the blood would stop. I held a cold piece of steak to my eye as I watched Mr. Ferny tap his fingers on his desk impatiently. He looked between Amber and I as we sat there, both guilty and we both knew it. But...

He didn't know it.

"So, Amber, care to explain again?" He asked, his voice rough and stern. She rolled her eyes and sighed before she started talking.

"I was just getting done with my locker and I was talking to some of my friends - we were talking about a party we went to the other night. Anyway. Jocelyn's locker is next to mine, and she went to walk past me but she tripped and she fell. Maybe she tripped over me, maybe her own feet - I don't even know! If it was me, then I'm sorry but I didn't realize and it wasn't on purpose. I was going to help her with her books but she already had them all, and then she got up and yanked at my hair and started insulting me and getting in my face. I shoved her back and away from me but she didn't stop so things broke out and she began hitting and punching me so I hit and punched back - in self defence. The only reason she's more beat up than I am is because I guess I'm a better fighter than her." She shrugged as she stated pretty matter-of-factly, "That's what happened."

"Mhm... I see..." Mr. Ferny said, nodding and putting his fingertips together as he leaned back in his chair. Then he looked at me, "Care to tell me your side of the story, Jocelynn?"

"She tripped me. My books went flying and I picked them up, she did not help me. Then she snickered and just walked off after calling me a "klutz" then she was talking about me behind my back with her "friends" so I grabbed her back and asked her what her problem was, to which she freaked out and started punching me. I might have told her that her ends were split, but honestly...look at those ends... Too much dying it. Anyways... so then she started punching me and I didn't want to because I don't like doing that...but she kept freaking out. She's a liar. She didn't help me! Why... She started this!" I said, frowning but wincing since my eye hurt like the dickens.

He sighed as he sat back up in his chair and leaned on his desk. He kept looking between Amber and I. My stomach did flips, I was kind of scared to be honest. I had never had something like this happen, it was kind of freaky. Or a lot freaky...

"I did not! I was helping her, Mr. Ferny. Believe me! She's a lying..." She trailed off, frowning as Mr. Ferny shook his head. He was deep in though. Suddenly he sighed and leaned back in his chair again.

"What if I call your father, Amber... See what's going on. I'll call your mother afterwards, Jocelynn." He said gruffly before he leaned and reached for the phone on his desk.

"Go ahead," Amber muttered to herself but I could hear her, "like he'd give a crap..."

I frowned as she started to rub her thigh as Mr. Ferny dialed and held it up to his ear. The seconds ticked by slowly and painfully. Suddenly I spoke up.

"Hang up please, Mr. Ferny." I said, catching them both by surprise. Amber raised her brow and stopped rubbing her thigh as Mr. Ferny hung up and furrowed his big, bushy eyebrows together.

"Why, Miss. Greene?" He questioned, sitting straight.

"B-because..." I paused for a second and glanced at Amber quickly before running my tongue across my lips and wetting the dryness before I continued, "I did start it. I freaked out and I haven't ever done that and so I was afraid and nervous..."

Amber's eyebrows raised as she looked over at me, lowering her head so her hair was covering her face up a bit. She frowned and looked at the ground when Mr. Ferny spoke up.

"Well, I guess I will give your punishment now." His voice rang out.

"I will take any punishment you give me, I know I deserve it. I'm sorry for all of this. I won't ever do it again. I'm sorry." I blabbed out, looking down at the ground and frowning a bit.

"Hm... See that it doesn't happen again. Three weeks of detention, EVERY DAY after school and in between classes. One and a half weeks of suspension too." He said as his fingers dragged over a few files of papers over so he could read them.

Amber looked up and gawked a bit without him noticing, "A week and a half of suspension?! AND three weeks of detention?! Isn't that a bit much?"

"Well... She started a fight, made your nose bleed, lied, and riled up the whole school. Don't you think she deserves whatever she gets?" He questioned while he flipped through some papers.

"Well, I understand a week or two of detention... But three? And suspended? That's a bit much if you ask me." Amber spoke up again, looking over at me frowning and mouthing, 'you sure?'