Chapter 15 (E and P)

Charges: Assault, battery, damage to school property, unauthorized persons on school property, and vandalism.

Consequences: Immediate extraction from school and a restraining order stating that said student may not come within one hundred feet of the school.

My opinion: This is BULLSHIT!

My mama's opinion: Not going to happen.

So here I was three days after the fight, sitting in the superintendent's office with my mom and listening to this bullshit. I couldn't believe I was expelled. If anyone had told me this was how my sophomore year would go within the first few months, I would have laughed so hard. Then proceeded to tell them I was a straight-A student, that I started nothing, and that being expelled was not an option. That was exactly what had happened. I kind of wished I had just got my ass kicked, then I would be the victim and I would still be at school.

While I was in my feelings, my mom had been talking. I missed a lot, caught in my own thoughts. The superintendent was now speaking to me.

"Your mother is correct. Your grades are outstanding, and I feel if you were not provoked, this would not have happened. So, keeping that in mind, I think we can simply transfer you to the other high school in the district. It is a little farther out but you will be bused, so it shouldn't be a problem."

"So I won't be held back," I said, relieved. I had to be the luckiest bitch to ever be transferred. I thought about them kicking my brother out of school. They had done it with the quickness. However, they were intent on keeping me here.

"No, Miss Brooks, you will miss the rest of the first semester, though. But summer school should keep you on track. When the second semester starts, you will be at Mehlville Senior High." He said.

"Thank you, Dr. Anthony," my mama said, standing. "Let's go, Ann."

I waved to Doctor Anthony and made my way out of the building. This would be the last time I saw Oakville Senior high, and I was not mad at all. I couldn't help wondering what life was going to be like at Mehlville, though.

At home, I ran straight to Christian. He had been great the last few days. Even though I had not forgotten my plan to get him back, the circumstances simply put everything on hold. Although I was re-thinking my plan, maybe I should just let it go. Then again, my brother knew and if one of them knew, the rest did too. I didn't want to look like a chump, never for a guy. Not even Christian.

I had concluded that I had about two months to play and have fun like an extended summer and by the time I went back to school, either Christian was going to be by my side or on the sideline. I also still had that deal with Reese to think about, but the timing had to be perfect. I didn't like Reese, and I didn't want him. He was easy to play with though, and play I shall.

"You okay babe?" asked Christian

"Yeah," I said, looking into his beautiful face. damn, this boy was handsome as fuck. "Why you say that?"

"You just had that mean, deep look on your face. Don't worry, everything is going to be fine, Ann." He said, smiling at me.

See what I mean. If I could count how many times he had said that to me, while holding me tight the last few days.... well, let's just say he probably broke a record or something. How was I supposed to break up with him when he was being so sweet and understanding?

"I'm fine, boo, believe me. I'll be going to Mehlville at the start of next semester." I said, relaxing my features.

He cocked his head to the side in the sexy way only he could. "Damn, I kind of thought you were going to come to Roosevelt where I'm at. You sure would have motivated me to go more often."

"And be corrupted by all the juve delinquents. I'm good boo, I'm a county school girl." I said proudly.

"Yeah, I know," he said, rubbing small circles on my back. "Hey, you feel like braiding my hair?"

"Like always, grab the stuff and come on."

We went into my room and I braided his hair the whole time, thinking of our downfall. I didn't think it made me a bad person. I was just the type to go tit for tat. I wouldn't ever take shit from a man. I loved Christian, but I knew in my bones he was playing me, too. I was even sure he wasn't a virgin anymore.