My Home

Y/N's P.O.V.

Calum and I sat in the car for awhile until Joy came back to the car. She opened the door and sat in the seat and sighed.

"Y/N, you have to go," she said.

"Mum. We're not leaving withou-"

"Calum! Now is not the time. Y/N, I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do to help. Your father will press charges on us and we can't handle that pressure right now," she said. I looked over at Calum and he looked... defeated.

"Okay, I-I'll go," I said. Calum grabbed my hand before I could open the door and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't go," he whispered. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I have to," I said. He kissed me on the forehead and pulled me into another hug.

"I'll see you again," I said. Calum wiped my tears off with his thumb and I got out of the car. I waved to Calum and Dad walked over to me.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked.

"We're really doing this? We're going to America?"

"Yeah. Mason's friend, Trevor, helped pack some of our things and bring them here. I think we already kept him waiting long enough so let's go," he said. I stayed silent and followed my dad into the airport. We met with Trevor and stood in the security line. I stayed behind them as I checked my Twitter, then I got a text from Calum...

Cal: I miss you already :( Are you really moving?

Me: Yeah, I don't know how long...

Cal: Nothing's gonna be the same without you.

Me: It's okay. I'll come back... I promise.

We reached the front of the line and I locked my phone. Trevor gave me my backpack and a suitcase, giving the boxes to Dad. Trevor left the two of us as we went through security.

"Sir, you're going to have to check these items," a woman said, pointing to the boxes.

"What do you mean? They're carry on," he said.

"Sir, you are only allowed to have a suitcase and one other carry on item. And, these boxes are above the maximum size a passenger can have," she said.

"No, I don't see a problem," he said, frustrated.

"Dad, come on. If you want to go, then check the boxes. We'll get them back anyway," I said.

"You're always against me. Fine, whatever. Check the bags," he said, handing the boxes to the woman. We took our shoes off and went through the security scanner. I got my backpack and Dad got the suitcase. We made our way through the airport and found our gate, sitting in the chairs. Our destination: LAX. The flight was 15 hours, nonstop. I got out my phone and texted Calum again.

Me: Got through security, waiting for our flight to board.

He responded immediately.

Cal: I wish you were here.

Me: I do too...

Cal: Do you really promise?

A loud voice sounded on the intercom.

"Flight 512, going from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles, California. Passengers who need special assistance or have a child under the age of two, may now start boarding".

Me: Yes, I promise. I will see you again.

"Flight 512, from Sydney to Los Angeles. Passengers in First Class may now start boarding".

Cal: Good :)

"Flight 512, from Sydney to Los Angeles. Passengers in Business Class may now start boarding".

Me: Tell Luke and Michael I said goodbye.

Cal: Don't make it seem like you're dying.

"Flight 512, from Sydney to Los Angeles. Passengers in Premium may now start boarding".

Me: It feels like it :/

Cal: Don't say that...

"Flight 512, from Sydney to Los Angeles. Passengers in Economy may now start boarding".

Dad grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the line full of people who were stuck in a cabin being thrown from one place to another... Gotta love traveling. Dad handed me my passport and boarding pass as I put my phone in my pocket. The person scanned our passports and boarding passes and we walked down the jet bridge onto the airplane. We got to our seats which were, fortunately, separate. Probably because he bought the tickets at the last minute... Classic. I got to my seat and put my bag under the seat in front of me. I sat down in my aisle seat and got out my phone. The intercom sounded and the pilot announced some stuff that wasn't important so I texted Calum.

Me: We boarded, I'll text you when we land.

Cal: I love you

Me: I love you too.

The plane started to move backwards and I looked up at my little TV screen. The video explaining the safety regulations was playing. I looked out the window, but couldn't see anything due to the fact of 1) A woman vigorously typing on her laptop who was looking very focused and 2) A guy who looked around the age of 20 was sleeping and was leaning on the window.

A few minutes after taxiing around, the plane had finally made it to the runway. The flight attendants made their way down the two aisles and told people to keep their chair in the upright position and to put their electronics away. I turned my data off and listened to music. The plane made its way down the runway and finally took off. My ears popped. I looked out the window that I could now see out of because everyone's heads finally moved out of the way. I looked at the clouds and the ground below us as we turned. It was a beautiful view, but I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be with Calum, wrapped in his arms reminding me it was safe and everything was going to be alright. But, it wasn't alright. I was torn from my home... and my home was Calum Thomas Hood.