Chapter 10

(Clove's POV)

When we arrive at the Capitol, me and Cato are separated to get any rogue hairs, or any other stuff like that removed. I think there is only one girl that seems to serve as a challenge to those unfortunate people, and that girl is Katniss Everdeen from District 12. I was told that she volunteered for her little sister. I wish I could have volunteered for Thomas. She seems nice enough, though.

After I am 'fixed', I am introduced to my stylist. I am surprised, since she seems untouched by the Capitol. In fact, she might as well be from District 2. She tells me she's from 4. Close enough. Her name is Zoe, apparently and she is a praised stylist all around Panem. So I should feel lucky.

She tells me she wants to highlight that our District produces gold. She also wants me and Cato to match, she's made an agreement with his stylist. She has designed a golden getup, almost making me and Cato look like Greek gods from millenniums ago.

I am about to step into my chariot, when I see someone talking to Cato. A girl. From District 1. I think her name is Glimmer. Actually, 'talking' is such an underestimation of what she's doing - 'flirting' suits it better. In fact, I think she's the flirtiest flirt that ever flirted. Her District partner seems to have noticed this too, and is watching her in despair. I think he is called Marvel.

My eyes are quickly drawn to Katniss and Peeta's costumes. They are fascinating. I heard their stylist say something about fire, but I didn't catch the rest. Before I can even realise we're surrounded by the crowd, I can see myself on the screen. Me and Cato look okay, but nothing compared to Katniss and Peeta. Their costumes have now been set on fire. They're lucky they have a district that's so...authentic. They're even holding hands.

I wish I could hold Cato's hand right now.