Chapter 1: The raid

It was the year 2030 officially, January 1st 12:30 am. And here I was sat in a sewage pipe waiting for the last light to switch out. You see, things have gone downhill since 2012 according to the survivors. Well technically im a survivor too, but I was only 2 at the time so it hardly counts. It was my sister that saved me, along with a few others and took us to see a distant relative, who already had a hideout ready and waiting.

Our cousin, Mad Mark, had had plans for everything including zombie attacks; Vampire domination, Atomic bombs and even alien invasions. He had built an underground hideout that could allow hundreds of people to live in. The one drawback was that every few weeks a Group of us would have to go out and raid.

I started training when I was 7 and since then been moving up in the hierarchy. I joined the raiding group when I was about 15 and have been successful in every raid so far. All those who go out are given a tablet to take full of poison in cases of capture as we wanted no information to be leaked about the group and out base. I became the leader of my own raid team last year, shortly after my sister was captured in a mansion and where we had discovered she was kept alive. However, no recovery was to be attempted because of whom captured her, a prince.

We are the rebels and they are the invaders. You may ask who they are; well there is one word for them. Vampires! And not the romantic, hope they fall in love with me type either. These are the real deal; mean, lean, murdering machines. Almost all humans were either imprisoned; sold off as slaves; turned; killed or worse, became portable blood donors.

So here we were, sitting in a fucking sewer, waiting for the humans of the house to go to bed. Luckily for us, all the vampires that could possibly live in this house were out celebrating. And why wouldnt they be? They had been in power for 18 years.

As I watched the last light turn out, I thanked god under my breath because was our signal. I'll tell you beforehand that I broke the biggest rule when breaking into a vampire's house; Always check that the vampire is out of the house before entering.

I clambered out of the sewers through a manhole inside of the property, stripping out of the body suit I wore to protect my clothing. I pulled the black bandana over my face and ran towards the gates. As I ran I pulled a tranquiliser gun from my back where it had been fastened. I shot both guard with one round with enough tranquiliser to take down a horse before searching for their access key. After I found the key, I opened the gate allowing the others on my squad to enter. We all ran towards the house then, getting into position as we went.

They all wore the same outfit as me; Black skinny jeans; A black tank top with a leather jacket and a bandana. The only difference betweens us was we all had a different coloured bandana which then became our codenames for each other.

I ran to the kitchen door and tried the handle, no surprise that it had been locked. I indicated for Red to unlock it, her being the lockpicker amongst us. She opened the door with ease and very little noise, which always amazed me. I entered the house first looking around the kitchen to get a visual, it was very spacious with two doors leading out to the rest of the house, and another to the pantry.

Blue pressed something into my hands, my night vision goggles, before walking past me to head for her assigned destination which was bathroom necessities. I put on my goggles and started going through the cupboards packing up all the food and placing them by the door.

I heard the quiet rumbling of the van as it parked up beside the house. Sammy was driving, her pink bandana wrapped around her neck so she had enough visual to drive. I continued packing food into bags found under their kitchen sink whilst she loaded the truck.

During a raid, we all had our own task to complete quickly. Sammy was the truck, mine was the kitchen, Blue always went to the bathroom, Red was clothing and green was bedding. After I done with the kitchen, I pressed call button on my earpiece.

"Black and pink at the ready, waiting for you guys. Over!" I whispered.

There was a slight static before I heard Red's voice in my ear saying "On my way, found a suitcase to fill. Over."

"I'm struggling here, can pink come and help?" I heard blue mumble.

I nodded to sammy, before indicating with my head in the direction blue had taken.

"She is on her way. Over."

I went outside and leaned against the side of the trusk waiting for the other four to come out. It was red first, with two large bags and a suitcase full of clothes etc. Then came Pink and Blue each juggling a large bag full of bathroom necessities. We packed up the Truck, making sure everything was securely packed.

That's when I noticed green was missing and I remembered she hadnt been on the radio either. I pressed the earpiece button again.

"Green, are you there?"

I heard nothing. I looked to the others and they shook their heads, not one of them had seen her.

"Pink, start the engine but wait here. If I come running, or Green comes running, get out of here as fast as you can. This is a red alert." I whispered hastily before running back into the house.

I took a left out the kitchen, opening each door as I went, hoping to find a sign that something was amiss, or a clue as to wear she was. I went up a large staircase opposite the main door and opened a few of unused bedroom doors. As I neared the end of the corridor towards what I assumed was the master bedroom, I could hear a slight whimpering. I edged my way along the wall as discretely as possible, so as to not alert anyone to my presence.

I looked through the crack in the door to see green pinned against a bed post blood dripping down her forehead. However, that didnt alar me as much as the vampire that was loomed above her doing the pinning. He was at least 6 feet tall and skinny, but even with a slim build, I could sense a dangerous vibe from him. So what I did next will never make sense in a logical sense.

I burst into the room and with a loud battle cry, I tackled him to the floor. I heard green take a deep breathe before she ran from the room. In the 10 seconds I paused to make sure she ran, he had recovered from the shock. He grabbed hold of my arms and rolled both of us over so I was now underneath him, my arms pinned beside my head on the floor. He forced my arms up above my head before holding my wrists with one hand so he could rip off my night vision goggles. So here I was pinned beneath an angry vampire in the dark, and I had been stealing from his house.

Fuck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I am re-writing Beyond your imagination. Let me know what you think below. If you enjoy it please comment, vote and share to your friends. I will be updating either on a Sunday or Monday so look forward to it please.

NJ-SN