Chapter 3

Before Angel could feel another pain in her heart, she managed to look at Yesung once again. He grinned at her. He mouthed the word "wow" while staring at her. He definitely ruined her mood.

And the bastard was doing it again. If only there's a few people around, she will gave him a hard punch on the face. When she reached the position in front of Yesung and Jongjin, Joy started to walked down the aisle, together with her parents.

Everybody looked at Joy, including her. She was very pretty. She wore a lovely white lace and satin wedding gown with a halter top. She had dreamed being in Joy's place countless of times. She had played that image on her mind over and over again until she firmly believed it would happen one day.

But it happened to Joy. Not on her. She wasn't Jongjin's bride. She was just the maid of honor. Inside, her heart was crying out loud, for all those dreams of happily ever after with him. Her chest started to feel tight. Especially when Jongjin took Joy from her parents. She saw pure love and happiness in Jongjin's eyes. The same with Joy.

How could fate be so cruel to her? Why did she have that feelings for Jongjin? Why?

Too much pain clinged that she couldn't handle, she moved her eyes away from the couple. Her eyes landed at Yesung. He was staring at her. He was always studying her, observing her actions. It was his hobby eversince Jongjin introduced him to her.

She thought it's possible that Yesung can found out about her feelings for Jongjin. Everytime they met, he was staring at her, probably reading her heart and mind.

She stared back. She saw sympathy and sadness in his eyes. And she knew that sympathy and sadness was for her. She will not be surprised if he pity her. She moved her eyes away.

When did she ever win over Yesung's intense stare anyway?

"If anyone knows why this couple should not be united in holy matrimony, let him speak now or forever hold his peace..." she heard the pastor announced.

Silence took over the place. When she looked at Yesung, she saw a very worried face. "What?" she mouthed. What is he thinking? That she will stood up and say, "Stop the wedding?" What does he think of me? A desparate woman? The nerve of that man!

The next thing that happen, she wasn't aware. She heard the pastor talking but it doesn't sink through her mind. All she could think about was her bleeding heart and the end of the dream.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you, man and wife. You may now kiss the bride..."

She suddenly looked at Jongjin. His smile was very wide and sweet. And like the rest of the guests, she watched them seal their vows with a kiss. And that kiss sealed her first and biggest official heartache. There goes the man I love, married to another woman. Happy. Absolutely happy. And here I am, watching him. She sighed.

The guests started to greet and congratulate them. She chose not to go near the couple. With the emotions she was in at that moment, she didn't have the strength to greet them. She would just have to do that at the hotel where the reception would be held. For now, she had to compose herself first. She didn't want to look like she had just been beaten by life.

---------------------

"When I fall in love. 

It will be forever.

Or I'll never fall in love.

In a restless world such as this is.

Love has ended before it's begun.

And too many moonlight kisses.

Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun..."

While Angel was singing she tried to looked away from Jongjin and Joy. "When I Fall In Love" was her favorite song. She always singing that song because she dedicated it to Jongjin. But to her dismay, Jongjin requested it for her to sing at the reception. Because of her, he favorited that song too.