Chapter Eleven

Cassandra glided through the motions of getting ready once she was back to her loft, pulling on a much more modest periwinkle blouse that outlined her chest and tied in the back. By the time ten to nine rolled around she was fully made over and ready to start the day. Re-locking her door, she flitted down the stairs and headed south to meet Anna instead of crossing the street straight to work. They met halfway in between Anna’s apartment and Casss loft. Anna looked exited and Cass flashed her brightest smile.

“Hey!” Anna called.

“Hello Ana-chan.” Cass grinned. “How was your day yesterday?”

“It was ok, I mean I just had class and then dance class to go to afterwards. What about you?”

“It was positively delightful. I re-connected with some old friends and Justin and I had a date.”

“Ooo, where did he take you?” Anna bubbled.

“He brought me to the new French restaurant out by the Broadmoor prior to seeing Friday the 13th. He later accompanied me to my loft and we fell asleep together. It was emphatically delightful.” Cass smiled.

“Wow, you did have a great day.” Anna teased.

“Did you have a nice time Wednesday night?”

“Oh my gosh, that was so much fun. Yah, I loved it. Thanks for inviting me.” She gushed as they turned the corner.

“You seemed to be quite taken with Tim.” Cass prodded.

“Oh, yah, he’s super sweet, not to mention really hot. I couldn’t tell if he was into me though, so it might just be a lost cause.” She shrugged.

“I would not be so quick to say that, he was positively infatuated with you. I believe you two would make an adorable couple.”

“Really, you think so? Did he say anything about me?”

“He was asking about you and wanted to know if you were into him.” Cass supplied. Her pocket started buzzing and she pulled out her phone. It was yesterday all over again; three new texts with in the last two seconds. The first was from Terrik. Hey freak. What’s up? She sighed and replied quickly telling him she was at work and then moved on to the next. This one was from Justin and she smiled.  I miss you already. :(  She sent him a message in the form of prose describing exactly how much she missed him as well and then went on to read the next. It was from Joey. Hey Cassie. Miss you. How’s life? As she was responding to this four more texts arrived and she laughed.

“Who’re you talking to?” Anna asked as they entered Starbucks together.

“Justin, naturally, and some old friends of mine, there are ten of them so if my phone looks as if it is going haywire, just ignore it. My old friends plus the coven equals fifteen people, add my friend James into the mix and I could very well be texting sixteen people at one time.”

“Wow, you’re a lot less reclusive than I thought.”

“No, I actually only recently started speaking to my old friends again and I had found the coven just four days ago. Up until Tuesday this week, I was exactly as reclusive as you thought. It’s a rather long story, perhaps I’ll tell it to you sometime when we’re not working.” Cass smiled, pulling on her apron as her phone vibrated in her pocket.

“Ok, I’ll remind you.” Anna grinned; tying her own apron as the first customers of their shift came trickling in. Somehow Cass managed to carry on fourteen different conversations while filling orders and chatting merrily with the customers without being reprimanded by her boss. The Shadow Wolves and the coven had all been texting her, everyone save Spencer and James. The coven had bombarded her with questions about last night, trying to verify Justin’s story and she played it up slightly for his benefit. Twelve thirty came quicker than she had expected and Justin and Tim entered the shop followed closely by Preston, Spencer and Tylor. Anna stopped chattering as she caught sight of Tim and Cass looked around, smiling when she saw the coven approach the counter. She and Anna had been talking every chance they had, getting to know one another. They were both pleased to find that they got along quite well.