The Hero's Arrival

England was worrying. He had just realized his error. Matthew wasn't in Gryffindor. That was going to be a problem. He couldn't keep an eye on Harry like this, and that could end with everyone getting killed. Well, maybe not directly, but definitely indirectly. And if too many of England's citizens died, there was a chance he'd die along with them, not to mention that he felt it. Countries feel every citizens' death. Even if they just slip away in their sleep, their country will get a small injury such as a papercut. So it had to be done. He didn't want to do it, but it was the only way. England was sending in America. After all, Alfred would be in Gryffindor. No doubt about that, calling himself the hero and all. It would just take a simple de-aging spell. Of course, America was pretty conspicuous. Unlike his brother, he was loud and annoying, not to mention really important as well as incredibly noticeable. And just as citizens' situations can have effect on countries, it's the same in reverse. Countries had to be very careful, because if they got an injury that wasn't triggered by what was happening to their citizens or landmass, their people would suffer. Even if it was just a scratch. Your cat clawed you? There's a car crash somewhere in your country that causes at least one fatality. So if America managed to get himself caught, or, heaven forbid, killed, although he wouldn't stay dead, his citizens would essentially be sacrificed, their life force transferred to him. And...country death and regeneration was really rare. It couldn't be induced by citizens (not even assassins or people actively trying to kill them- normal humans couldn't kill countries. Wizards, on the other hand...) not even war, so the reality was that no one really knew what happened when a country died. The effects that were just listed were merely theories. No one actually knew if they were correct, and for obvious reasons, none of the countries were willing to try it. But despite the possible negative effects, England had to do it. Anyway, at least it would keep America from bothering him for the next year or so. His last worry, of course, was that America just might get the golden trio into even more trouble than they would on their own. But he couldn't risk it. Hesitantly, England picked up his phone.
    "America? I...need your help."
America was very enthusiastic.
       "WHOA DUDE HOGWARTS IS REAL?!?!"  His first reaction was one of excitement and immense joy. After all, Harry Potter was incredibly popular in America, so by default, the country had to like the series as well. Also, England had neglected to tell him that Hogwarts was a real place, so the knowledge was a veritable shock.
    "Wait...didn't Harry Potter take place in the 1990s?" Asked America.
     "Two words," said England, "time travel. That's how Matthew did it."
Oh yeah, Canada had used time travel to get to the right year. Did I neglect to mention that? Anyway, America looked incredulously on as he saw, via the face-time camera, England picking up his cell.
     "Doctor? I need your help again. Yes, I know I called you only a week or so ago, what of it? I need you again. loOK, EARTH WILL BASICALLY DIE IF YOU DON'T HELP ME OUT HERE. I DON'T CARE IF YOU JUST GOT BACK FROM FIGHTING A HOTEL FULL OF WEEPING ANGELS!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!" England was by this time shouting into the phone. America looked taken aback when England hit the speaker button. The person he was calling, this "Doctor" (why did America feel like he should know who this guy was?), wasn't retaliating or shouting in return. He was crying.
    "Look," said the voice from the phone (it sounded oddly familiar to Alfred), "please don't remind me. I just lost my best friends who also happened to be my in-laws. Long story. Sure I'll help you, it's just that I kinda wanted a mourning period. I planned to go to Barcelona- no, not Spain, the planet- to reconcile with my emotions. But that doesn't really matter. I'm sure Amy and Rory will have a fine life together whenever they are. As for River... she'll be fine. I can feel it. So sure, I'll help. Warping in now."
     At that moment, a very familiar blue police box materialized in the room as the phone hung up. It made a sound like "vworp", and America suddenly realized who the person was. He wasn't a person at all. The doctor was really THE Doctor, the time lord.
     "WOAH!! Iggy, you didn't tell me Doctor Who was real too!!"
      England visibly cringed at the nickname.
"Well, now you know. Actually, I'm a little surprised you know who he is. And it's 'the Doctor', not 'Doctor Who'."
     "Why? That show is super popular, even with my people! Hell, I love it myself!" At this point in time, the blond nation teleported to England's office. He was able to do this via "flag-transport"- a power that all countries had that allowed them to teleport to places with their flag. Because of this, each member of the G8 kept the flags of the other 7 nations in their offices at all times in case of emergencies.
    "America, CALM yourself and get into the Tardis," said England, gesturing to the blue box. He was not at all phased by Alfred's sudden materialization, as both nations used this form of travel fairly often. America happily obliged.
    "THIS IS AWESOME!!" He shouted. But England could barely hear him over the tardis's engine.
    "Good luck, America," said England to no one in particular. He knew what would happen. America would introduce himself as Canada's cousin (it'd be too hard to say they were brothers, since their last names were different and they were being transferred at different times) and be sorted alone in Dumbledore's office. It should all go smoothly. At least, England hoped it would. If it didn't... well, he had a plan for that, too.

A/N: finally, a real update! This one isn't connected to the book very much so I was able to do it. My room is still in disarray so you won't be getting another update until I can get my volume of Goblet of Fire back, but I hope this can tide you over  one last thing: I'm really sorry if America is OOC. I really tried to do him justice, but I'm just a little paranoid. Oh, and that flag-teleport thing I mentioned? That's totally going to come into play later. (And yes, I WAS inspired by the series 'Country's Lament'. I don't remember who wrote it, but it's really good! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!