Chapter 8

When I woke up the next morning, Lisa was still sleeping. I got out of bed, careful not to wake her. Getting my phone to call the Doctor I noticed that I have a message from Lisa, reading it I started smiling. At least she made an attempt to tell me where she was going, I would have preferred that she just woke me up but I guess her reasoning makes sense.

"Doctor Thompson speaking."

"Morning Doc, it's Wayne."

"Everything okay your majesty?"

"We had a small incident last night involving glass, I was wondering if you could come here or we can come to you?"

"I'm just about to head to the office, I'll come by, it's easier for you."

"Thank you Doc."

"Any time Prince Wayne."

We said goodbye, turning around I found Lisa looking at me, "Morning my Princess."

"Morning, who was that?"

"The Doctor, he is on his way."

She jumped up but fell back on the bed when she felt pain in her foot, "Why did you jump up?"

"I need to get dressed before he comes."

"Here, let me help you."

I picked her up again and walked to the bathroom, "What do you want to wear?"

"Well I have a full day so something formal."

"You don't have a full day, in fact, you have a day off. I'll bring you something comfortable."

I know my definition of comfortable and hers might be different, but that's okay. As long as she gets dressed without moving around too much. Looking through her clothes, I realise that I haven't seen her wear half of them. I took out a tracksuit and a blue T-Shirt that I recognise as one of our school's T-Shirts.

"Here you go."

"Thanks."

"Call me if you need help."

"Thanks."

I walked out closing the bathroom door behind me, instead of just sitting around I got dressed. As soon as I'm sure Lisa will be all right I have to go on with my day. Once I was done dressing I sat on the bed waiting for Lisa to call me, she didn't. Hearing the bathroom door, I look up, she was hopping out of the bathroom. Jumping up I walk to her, "Lisa, I told you to call me."

"You told me to call you if I need help, I don't."

"How's your foot?"

"Sore, I'm too afraid to take a look."

"How are you feeling?"

"Better, but I'm insanely cold all of the sudden."

"The air conditioning isn't on... I think you have a cold fever."

As if I'm not worried enough already, "Should I get you another jacket?"

"Maybe, or no wait, I'm just going to get back in bed."

"You sure?"

"Yes, now please stop looking so worried."

"I am worried!"

"Wayne..."

Knocking interrupted her, "Enter."

I half expected it to be one of the staff members, it wasn't, instead it was Doctor Thompson.

"Morning Doc."

"Prince Wayne, Princess Lisa."

"Morning Doctor."