A Sick Day: Brian May (Queen)

You gently wiped the cold, damp wash cloth across Brian's feverish face. His eyes were drooped shut, and sickly moans emanated from his pouted lips every time the coldness met his cheeks. Brian was suffering a horrible fever and your other mutual friends Roger, Freddie, and John weren't able to take care of him, so you kindly offered to. They weren't suprised you would because it was just the kind of person you were, plus you had done it for each of them at some point in time. He had been sick since the begining of winter break, you assumed it was due to the heavy snowfall that had just started; Brian always had some kind of allergy during drastic changes in season.

It was five in the afternoon now and his temperature had decreased some, but not by much. The thermometer read 100.5 as you gently pulled it out from under his tongue. His eyes had opened from his brief sleep and were now fixated on you.

"You're slowly getting better, bud. In a day or two you'll be back to your old self, I promise." You assured gently. You removed the now warm towel off his forehead and his sick eyes watched you go into the bathroom to run it under cold water. When you returned you placed the rag back on his face and adjusted his blankets more comfortably. You noticed his eyes were still watching you, but nothing left his lips except for a short coughing fit.

"Do you need anything else, Bri? Cough drops? Throat lozenge? Motri-"

"No," Brian stopped you with a weak smirk. "I was just thinking..."

You sat on the chair in front of his bed and scooted forward a little.

"'Bout what?" You asked. Brian pushed himself upright against the headboard, suppressing groans as he did so. His bare chest was visible now, making your stomach tingle uneasily. Sneezes escaped his lips before he spoke.

"You've spent a majority of your break from school to make sure I was ok, despite me telling you that you didn't have to." He said.

You let the words swim in your head for a few moments. It was true, Brian had told you that he'd be fine and that he could take care of himself, but that was when he could barely get out of bed and make himself some soup.

"I don't mind Bri, really. I didn't have any other plans anyway. I'd rather spend it making sure you're healthy than stare at my ceiling for two weeks." You smiled gently. "Even if I did, I wouldn't let you try and take care of yourself, because quite frankly you'd do a shit job." You explained, chuckling slightly.

He shook his sweaty curls with a hoarse laugh.

"S'pose you're right." Brian agreed.

You smiled at him and he smiled back. You noticed the sheets that were previously around him were dangling dangerously close to one edge of the bed, so you reached over Brian briefly and tucked them comfortably under him. You felt his eyes on you the whole time and his warm breath on your neck, making you shiver. You quickly sat down in case your legs decided to buckle underneath you, and Brian looked at you thoughtfully with his hazel eyes for a moment. You were silently praying that he didn't notice your reaction.

"(Y/N)?"

"Hm?"

"You're gonna be a great mum someday."

You blushed. "How do you figure?"

A gentle grin spread across his face, his gaze not leaving yours.

"Well, you're just an all around selfless girl. You always put others' needs before your own and never hesitate when someone needs assistance. The best mums have the same qualities."

You nodded, pondering the thought. Of course it was too early to think about motherhood or children, after all you were still in school. Not to mention you didn't have a boyfriend or a husband for that matter.

"I s'pose we'll both have to wait on that considering I'm not in any kind of committed relationship." You said, summing up your thoughts. Brian opened his mouth to speak only to cough a bit, but when it subsided he looked at you curiously. "Why not?"

You blushed even more and moved the rag to lightly press the back of your hand against his forehead. It was still warm, but it was getting much cooler.

"Your head isn't as hot as

it used to be." You commented. Brian grabbed your hand from his forehead and held it, making you look at him directly. "You didn't answer my question."

Even when he was sick he was stubborn to get answers. Your stomach tingled at his touch, and you averted your eyes away from his.

"Uh...I don't know, I guess no one's ever asked me out or flirted with me before."

He scoffed a little too hard and had a coughing fit into his arm. "I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe, dear." Brian said after clearing his throat. You cocked your head to the side. You weren't quite sure where he was going with this conversation, but you assumed it was just his illness fogging his normally reserved mind, so you answered honestly.

"Why? I'm nothing special, really. Just kinda...ordinary." You said nonchalantly. Brian's brow furrowed and squeezed your hand tighter. His reaction genuinely surprised you; very rarely did he get even slightly agitated. "How could you say that, (Y/N)? We've known each other for so long and I can honestly say you're one of the most special girls I've ever met. You don't follow everyone else; you're your own person, and..." Brian paused apprehensively before casting his gaze towards his hand in yours. "And you're just beautiful in every way." Your cheeks went hot.

"You're so sweet, Bri." You said genuinely. The tip of your finger tilted his chin up and your lips quickly pressed against his large nose. "I'm surprised you don't have a girl."

His gaze met yours and he softly replied, "Well, I've had my eye on someone..."

You smiled. "Yeah?"

And he smiled back, leaning closer. "Yeah."

Your lips were just inches away from his, which made your heart skip a beat, but at the last second he moved his lips to your cheek. A frown adorned your face and he noticed, quickly replying, "I don't want to get you sick, love."

"So?" You retorted with a smirk. You grabbed his pink face and kissed him gently on the mouth. You didn't care he was sick. It didn't matter to you if he had the most vicious cold in the world. You just had to feel his lips against yours, and it was totally worth it if you got sick. His perfect, slim lips moved slowly and rhythmically with yours. It felt like pure heaven, and you didn't want to leave. After a few blissful moments, Brian pulled away and smirked weakly.

"I feel much better now."