Part Eight

Throughout the night Sock worried but some time later he must've dozed off because he suddenly woke up to the room flooded by light. Looking around he slowly untangled himself from Jonathan who was lightly snoring. Maybe it was the sound of Jonathan sleeping that woke him up.

Sock had a little trouble getting up with his left leg protesting, there was most likely a bruise there. That brought a sharp focus to his face. Gingerly touching it, Sock felt his skin tender and most likely sporting a bruise too. Sighing, he quietly made his way to the door listening for any activity outside. Hearing none Sock pushed the dresser aside, unlocked the door, and stepped out.

It was the eerily quiet that put Sock unease. Glancing back at the door he ventured further down the hall coming to the entrance of the living room. The room was a mess, probably from last night; Sock didn't hear much noise after they were inside Jonathan's room. He ventured around making sure Mr. Combs wasn't home and about to spring out any minute. After five minutes Sock discovered that they were all alone and took that to his advantage.

Rushing back into the room Sock made his way to the bed leaning carefully so not to hurt his leg he nudged the sleeping boy. "Jonathan, hey ...wake up, come on ...we have to go ...wake up."

Jonathan didn't budge and Sock didn't want to shake him too hard because he was hurt too. Sitting on the edge of the bed Sock tried again pushing the bangs off Jonathan's face. If it had been any other time, Sock would've let him sleep. Jonathan looked so serene in sleep, and the older teen finally lost that frown he's always carried around. Leaning in he whispered to his ear while gently shaking his shoulder, "Wake up, come on... wake up Jonathan."

Jonathan must've heard him because his eyes squeezed shut like the light was bothering him. Squinting, he looking up at Sock's green worried eyes, "What?" he replied groggily.

"Get up, we have to go." Sock murmured leaning back to give Jonathan room. Sock had to remind himself that his revelation last night didn't mean anything to Jonathan. That he was asleep through it all. He was probably not too happy with Sock being here right now anyhow.

"Go away," Jonathan mumbled covering his eyes. Sock tried not to take it personally, he expected this reaction even, but it still stung. Straightening his shoulders he smacked Jonathan's forehead.

"Get up now," Sock ordered as he stood up and yanked the blanket off from Jonathan who narrowed his eyes at him. "Let's go, we need to get you to a hospital now before your dad comes back."

"Fuck off," Jonathan growled curling up to conserve heat. Narrowing his eyes on Sock, Jonathan was irritable at being woken up. He was having a pleasant dream too... something about finally getting out of here.

"You can tell me off after we get to the hospital, but until then you're stuck with me," Sock retorted smacking the other on the head again.

Jonathan grabbed his hand pulling him closer. "I'm not going there. So you can leave. Now."

Don't take it personally, don't take it personally, Sock told himself as his lips thinned to a straight line, "Well it's not up to you to decided if you want to go or not, you're going and that's final. Now get up you jerk."

"Make me," he rebutted.

Letting out a frustrated breath out Sock tried to pull him up though it was useless, Jonathan wouldn't budge. "Look, you either go with me right now or I'll call 911 so they can haul your ass out of bed."

Jonathan narrowed his eyes at the rebellious teen, "You wouldn't."

"You wanna bet," Sock said in defiance, "I'll go and call right now."