chapter 4

So we got to his car, and we somehow managed to squeeze the jerk inside, he fell asleep on the back seat in about 30 seconds. Now what? Do I go grab a cab?

- Can you come along? I promise I’ll drive you home afterwards- the wierdo looked at me while playing with his hair, again.

- Alright- so I opened the door. He just started the engine, when it hit me- Wait, how are you driving if you’re drunk? No way, we need to call a taxi!

- I only had a pint, I was going to be the chauffeur for tonight, we take turns with the guys.

- Ah, ok then- I just hope he’s not lying, I’m too young to die, especially on my birthday!

So he started the car, and off we went. I turned the radio on- my head was clearing out, and I started to get bored. I couldn’t even recognize the song yet, when he already swithced the channel. Can this guy get any weirder?

So eventually we got there, it was a good 20 minute drive. Luckily, the guy in the back didn’t wake up. It was kinda awkward, we didn’t really speak, the weirdo seemed to be concentrating on driving a lot, so I thought he’s one of those guys who just doesn’t like talking while driving. And since he didn’t try to start a conversation, I was probably right.

- Alright, I’ll get his keys- the guy said as he stopped the engine. He started looking in his friends’ pockets, which woke him up.

- Hey, what you doing in my pockets mate?- you had to listen real close to understand, he was half sleeping and still smashed.

- Give me your keys, we’re at your house, we’ll put you in bed- for some reason, the drunken one gave the weirdo the keys, no objection at all.

- Can you open the door please? – the weirdo turned to me, supporting his friend .

- Sure- I opened it and stepped inside. I shouldn’t have, there was an awful smell. Does he really live here? Did something die in here? It seemed like the smell came from the garbage, but how long does it take for it to stink so bad? I had to go outside; otherwise I would have got sick.

- I’m going to take him upstairs to his bedroom, I won’t take long – yeah, right, if you’re going with this speed, you might get him up the stairs by this time tomorrow…

I sat back in the car, I started to get cold. No surprise, it was the middle of the night after all. I got a text from Julie.

How’s it going? Are you at his or yours? :P

God, nothing’s happened, I’m waiting for him in his car, he took the drunk guy upstairs.

Have fun then!

I’m going straight home, I just need the ride!

Alright, just don’t forget about protection! Luv ya! xx 

I’m not even replying to that… I did smile to myself though. I was right again; the weirdo took ages to get back. Once I saw him locking the door, I fastened my seatbelt.

- Sorry about that- he said as he got in. He ran his hand through his hair…again! – So where do we go now?

- I was hoping you’d give me a ride home…- what does he think, I’m not going anywhere with him. What if someone saw me with him?

- Oh… ehm… - he looked real embarrassed and even blushed a bit. What for? – Would you maybe like to have a drink before that?

- So how do you plan on driving me home after that?

-Ehm… I dunno… I’ll call you a taxi. It’s all on me. So? – he looked at me with puppy eyes. Shit, I can’t take puppy eyes; it makes me feel like I’m a bad person if I say no.

- I uh ... I have to get up early…-I lied. I don’t have any lectures tomorrow, I wouldn’t have gone partying then.

- Oh, alright then- he answered with a sad face and did the hair thing again. The engine started. – Where do you live then?- his face turned so miserable… I couldn’t believe the words coming from my own mouth.

- Ehm, alright, we can go somewhere, but it’s just one drink, not more- I didn’t just say that…

- Oh cool! – his eyes lightened up, and so we ended up  somewhere in the outer part of the city, I wasn’t familiar with this district.