Chapter 9

I walked briskly up to the bartender and gave him the money. "Thanks." he said, looking for the change in the cash register. I waited quietly, my hands on the bench top. Suddenly, I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder. I smiled a little to myself. I knew this intoxicated head case would try and make his move. Emphasis on the word 'try'. "Hey sexy." The man drawled, to drunk to think with his 'upstairs brain'. I still hadn't turned around to face him, but I was afraid that I might vomit at the sight of his face. "It's ok... you don't have to hide it anymore." he said quietly. I turned around, and crossed my arms in-front of my chest. "And what am I hiding?" I asked. He stepped towards me. "I've seen you looking at me... wanting me. It's ok, it's not a crime to express your... true feelings." I grimaced. Does he even know what he looks like? "We could go back to my place and, you know.. have some fun." he put his hands on my waist, which I pushed off immediately. "You must be pretty fucked in the head if you think I'm going anywhere with you." I said, glaring at him. Dean walked up to us. "This guy giving you trouble?" he asked, frowning a little. "Nothing I can't handle." I smiled. I gave him a quick wink, before he nodded and walked back to the table. My attention was then sadly re-re-directed to the drunk weirdo in front of me. "So waddya say?" He said, raising his eyebrows momentarily. "Cram it with walnuts, ugly." I replied with a steely expression. Strangely, he wasn't offended, which was kinda what I was going for, but instead, a small smile spread across his face. "Feisty. I like it." 

Even though I was extremely revolted, I got an idea. "Really?" I said, slightly biting my bottom lip. I felt sick to my stomach pretending to be interested in this fool, but i knew it would be worth it. "I've got a surprise for you. Close your eyes." I said softly. He did as i asked, and puckered his lips for a kiss. Ergh, yuck. I placed my hand lightly on the back of his balding head, making him lean in slightly. A crewel smile played across my lips. I took a small step to the side, and forcefully pushed his head down until it smashed into the bars bench-top. Once he had straightened himself up, the blood that trickled down his face became clear. There was a cut on his forehead that seeped most of the blood that was now on his face, and some blood was also coming from his nose. "Surprise." I said, no emotion in my voice. He wiped some of the blood off his face, and looked at it on his hand in shock. He then looked at me. "You crazy bitch!" he yelled. He walked over to me, and threw a punch. I dodged it, ninja style, and before he could throw another, I focused all of my power into my right fist and hit him. He was knocked onto the floor, narrowly missing a table on the way down. I couldn't stop myself. I leaped on him and hit him, over and over again. His head was being jerked side to side from my punches, one of his eyes was now swollen almost completely shut, and blood covered most of his face. I should have stopped myself, I knew that. But I couldn't. It was like my body had control over my mind, and that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't back off. 

I suddenly felt someone wrap their arms around my waist, and pull me off of the just conscious man lying on the floor. "Let go of me!" I demanded, my legs flailing in front of me. I tried to free myself from the persons grip, but they were too strong. They pulled me back a few tables, then spun me around so I was facing them. It was Dean. "What the hell was that?!" he said, still gripping my upper arms so I couldn't move. I stayed silent. "Was he a demon?" Dean pressed. "No" I managed to say. "Then who was he?" I looked up at him. "I don't know." He just looked at me with a mixed look of shock and surprise. "So you just wailed on some random guy you don't even know for the thrill of it?" "Of course not!" I shot back, shaking off his grip. "So why did you do it?" He said, raising his voice a bit. I looked behind me briefly to see Sam helping the beaten man up, while also talking to the bartender. Probably talking him out of calling the cops on me. I turned back to Dean. "No reason." I lied, my eyes cold, expressionless. "Sure." he replied, otherwise motionless. Gabby came up to us. "Wow, girl that was awesome!" she said, holding her near empty drink. I only hoped that she was drunk enough to have forgotten the incident by morning. But I highly doubted it. "Thanks." I responded, placing a small, hardly noticeable smile on my face. "You're welcome, sugar." She smiled, stumbling back to the table. I stared to walk away, but Dean stopped me. "There is something you're not telling me. And if you keep it bottled up forever, it will kill you." He said, his voice sounding concerned. "I don't need this crap." I said, my voice sounding a little shaky. I turned my back to him and walked away. 

I was walking towards the bar's exit, but stopped when I heard someone ask, "Hey Jo, are you ok?" I looked over to see Sam, looking almost as concerned for me as Dean was. "You know, you're the first person to ask me that." I said. He said nothing more, but stared at me like I was about to continue the sentence and say something else. "What?" I asked, I couldn't handle his puppy-dog eyes any longer. "You didn't answer my question." he reminded. I rolled my eyes a little. "I'm just peachy, Sam." I smiled. He noticed the tears that were welling up in my eyes, even though I had turned my head slightly away from him. He walked up to me and held me in a big warm embrace, one quite similar to what is described as a bear hug. I accepted the hug, wrapping my arms around his waist. After a few seconds, I had to retreat to wipe a couple of tears that were running down my cheek. "Thanks Sam. I really needed that." I admitted. I started towards the exit, briefly looking to the side at the one or two people attending to the guy who's' ass I busted. He looked up at me, still in denial that he got beaten up by a girl. "You know I let you hit me, right?" I was going to keep walking, but it was obvious the prick hadn't learned his lesson yet. When I stopped, it took me a couple of seconds to decide what I was going to do. I turned around to face him, walking a few steps closer. "Whaddya' say, pal? I didn't quite catch it the first time." He stayed sitting on his chair. "I said, I let you hit me." "Really?" I said laughing a little. A moment later my expression turned dark. I quickly and forcefully smashed my fist into his face, knocking him off of his chair, and onto the floor, unconscious. "How 'bout that time?"