Chapter 5

After a good few hours or so of us talking and getting to know each other, you realize that you find out a lot of things about the people you already know. In this instance, I could tell that Eve liked Sam, she couldn't keep her eyes off him, and I have a suspicion that it's likewise for Sam. And me, well, I wasn't sure myself of what I felt. It was like all of my feelings jumped into one big pot and blended together into one unrecognizable lump. "It's an early start tomorrow, and it's 11.30 now, so I'm going to be going to bed now. I need to be getting a little bit of sleep, so I don't turn into a goblin in the mornings." I announced, preparing to farewell my new friends for the night. "If you need anything, don't be a stranger, and just ask either me or Eve, and if you get hungry or something, just indulge... mi cassa e su cassa!" I smiled. Sam came up to me. "I never said thank you for you saving me. Eve told me everything that happened, and how I nearly died, so I'd like you to know how much I appreciate what you did for me." He whispered, looking me straight in the eyes. "And for you two, I would do it a million times more, you don't need to thank me." I reassured him. Turning around, I said,"Goodnight, guys." before disappearing up the stairs and into my room. Eve said a shy goodnight to Sam and Dean and quickly followed.

"Wow, they're really something, aren't they?" Dean remarked, now looking at the flames in the fire place, glowing and crackling. "You can say that again." Sam said, slightly smiling to himself. Dean couldn't help but tease his little brother. "Yea, that Everlyse girl looked like she was into you." "Really?" Sam asked hopefully, but quickly restrained his glee and replaced it with a calm appearance, "I mean,really?" he said coolly. Dean chuckled at his brothers attempt to act like he didn't really care. Sam looked up at him. "Yeah, well don't think I didn't see you eyeing up Jo." Dean looked a little shocked. "Oh, now you're just making stuff up!" Sam shot him a look of doubt. "She's not anything like the people I usually go out with." Dean insisted, trying to persuade Sam. It wasn't working. "That's exactly the reason why you like her, because she's not a complete skank." Sam pushed, knowing that Dean was about to give way. Dean glared at him "Shut up, Sammy." He took a drink from his now half empty bottle of beer. Sam smiled, "Jerk." "Bitch." Dean shot back.

It felt like the night had passed by much faster than the previous day had done. The birds were singing beautiful melodies, the sun was greeting the earth, and I was fixing a protective circle. Great. I had set my alarm the previous night to go off at 6.00am but once the time came and the alarm went off, I hit the snooze button a few times so I actually got up at about 6.30 instead. I hauled myself out of my warm bed, and dragged my still tired body to the next room and opened the door. I almost felt bad waking Eve from her slumber, as she looked so at peace,and without a care in the world, she was probably dreaming about Sam. "Eve... wake up! Everlyse!" She didn't awaken, so I gave her a slight nudge. Still nothing. My nudges soon turned into a forceful shake. Her eyes finally opened. "Oh god, what?" She said, heaving herself up. "Thing to do, people to kill.You know, the usual." I smiled. "And you woke me up at this hour why?" She asked, still quite drowsy. "We need to fix the circle, or Charlie's going to go exorcist on one of us again." I explained, leaving the room. I had a quick shower, and got dressed into my jeans and boots and went down to the kitchen. When I entered, I looked into the living room and saw Sam snoring, lying on the couch. But no Dean. Where had he gone? I looked out the window and his Impala was still there. I had a sudden brain-wave. I crept up the stairs and walked to the spare room and quietly opened the door, to find Dean, sleeping soundly on the spare bed. I smiled. All I could think to myself was 'Smart bugger. He waited until his brother fell asleep so he could grab the bed.' Something about him just makes me feel all warm inside.

I went back down to the kitchen to find that Eve was already down there waiting for me. She was staring blankly into the living room with a cup of tea in her hands. "Whatcha doing?" I asked innocently, already knowing the answer. "Nothing." she answered, breaking away her stare. "Eve." I said, showing my skepticism. "If you can spy on Dean while he sleeps, I can spy on Sam." She said, defending herself. I opened my mouth to explain to her that I wasn't spying on Dean, and that I was merely finding him, but any which way that I would have told her, it would come off as creepy, so I just went with the spying thing. We went outside and made a whole new circle around the house to make sure that there was no chance of Charlie and his bloody scum getting in. "Jo?" I heard a small, familiar voice say. I looked up, at a first glance all I could see was a small, blond girl with a petite build. But at a second glance I almost felt foolish for not knowing who it was sooner. "Gabby! Long time no see huh?" I said, beaming with happiness. She ran up to me and gave me a hug, which is something that I have been needing lately. She then did the same with Eve. I haven't seen Gabby ever since I left my home town and started hunting monsters, but she has always been on my mind. "I had a few days off work and had a spontaneous thought of coming over to see you!" She was beaming, which she did quite frequently. I was gobsmacked. "You drove for three hours to visit me? Please, come in! I'll make you a drink." As we started to walk towards the house, Gabby noticed the white circle. "Uh, that's bug poison, its a new method for killing the buggers, they are awful during this season!" I said, trying to be as persuasive as humanely possible. She seemed to believe my story. "And it looks like its working!" She said, complimenting my garden. You could tell she was lying, as my garden hasn't been tended to for a good few months, and now consisted mostly of weeds. 

As we went back inside, we found Dean staring intently at the famous silver laptop in the kitchen. "Where's Sam?" I asked, making some coffee. "Uh he's taking a shower." he replied, looking up from the computer. "This is Gabby, a good friend of mine. Gabby, this is Dean." He smiled, subtly looking her up and down. I walked over to him and pulled him head slightly back towards me, and whispered in his ear. "Put you tongue back in your mouth, she's married." He quickly recoiled. I chuckled to myself, ruffling his hair lightly. I handed him a cup of coffee, which he accepted with a small smile. Sam then walked out of the bathroom, drying his hair... with no shirt on. And he was walking this way. I swear I saw Eve's eyes glaze over. I think she was on the verge of fainting. I couldn't let Gabby see him, god knows what she would think. I practically shoved the cup of coffee into Gabby's hands and walked casually into the hallway. I poked my head back into the kitchen to see Dean looking down awkwardly."Talk to her!" I mouthed, catching his glance. I turned back just in time to stop Sam. "Do you guys walk around the place half-naked normally? 'Cos I think I could get used to it." I joked, trying to keep my cool, as Eve practically frothed at the mouth in the kitchen. "Just on special occasions." Sam replied, giving a light laugh. "We have company." I explained. "My friend from my hometown decided to pop over." I re-noticed that he was half naked. "Where's your shirt?" "In there..." suggesting to the living room. "Ok." I sighed, looking back, to check that we were still out of sight of Gabby. My eyes glanced over a spare basket. "Stay here, I'll get it for you." I grabbed the basket and walked rapidly through the doorway and was subtly looking for the t-shirt whist pretending to pick up other laundry. I spotted it. I quickened my paced and grabbed it, putting it in the basket. When I turned around, Gabby and Dean were still talking, but you could tell they were questioning my actions. I sped around, throwing Sam the t-shirt. I walked back to the hallway, leaning onto the arch that is my doorway, blocking Eve's viewing, forcing her to snap out of her day-dream. 

"Oh yea, Jo used to change jobs like no-ones business." Gabby was saying. "You name it, she's done it. Bartender... Artist... I think once when she was deep in the shits she had to resort to being a..." I knew what she was going to say. Dean's eyes widened. I coughed loudly to stop her from finishing. "Stripper." I answered for her. "She always gets those two confused." I said, glaring at her a bit. Dean nodded. "We used to be a bit like that. Then me and my brother joined the FBI and that's where we met Jo here. She's the reason that I haven't moved onto another job." Dean said, staring at me. I smiled, briefly believing the lie. Gabby smiled at me. "Wow, that's so cool! I didn't know you were in the FBI!" I nodded. "Yea Sam, Dean and I work together." Gabby looked at me and then Dean. "So are you two..." "No!" We both answered together. Sam finally entered, fully clothed this time, relieving the conversation. He walked over to Gabby, preparing to shake her hand. "Hi, I'm Sam." He said. Gabby ignored his hand and gave him a big hug. "I'm Gabby." She said, briefly looking him up and down. My mouth swung open. She noticed that I had noticed and blushed, looking at the ground. I heard a quiet noise. I turned around to see Castiel standing in the doorway. Gabby looked up, also hearing the noise. "Hi." She said. "Not to be rude... but where did you come from?" My eyes widened. "Didn't you here him come through the door?" I said, laughing awkwardly. She nodded to herself, not quite convinced with my answer. "I need to see Everlyse." Cas announced, looking at Eve. She wore a confused look on her face, as she walked though the archway, following Castiel around the corner. My swung my head around exchanged glances with Sam and Dean, who looked just as confused as I did. And then there was Gabby, looking at all of our expressions, oblivious to what we are and what was happening. Eve came back into view and walked straight up to me, whispering in my ear, "Get everyone out of the house. I'll explain later." I looked at her, her face was grim. She gave me a slight nod, and returned to where Cas was, disappearing just as she turned the corner.