Chapter 9 (g/male)

You trot down to SugarCube Corner, your friends hot on your tail, your hooves clicking and clanking on the pavement below the steps to the candy-coloured door. You can smell sweets and baked goods from outside, and ready yourself for the waft of yummy scents when you step in.

Pinkie Pie, thankfully, is standing at the counter.
Stepping in, you're more relieved to see her happy grin towards you.

"Hi'ya (Y/N)!" She chirps when you approach the counter, Spike and Fluttershy at your side. They seem relieved as well.

"Hi Pinkie," you sigh, "I'm sorry about your party." You apologize, and she looks confused.

"Why? I thought it went pretty a-okay!" She grins.
"I-it was, it was great. I just wished I wouldn't have run out on you like that." You say, and she just giggles, shaking her head.
"It's fine! Man, you should'a seen the way Dashie's friend Gilda acted when we threw her a party! She was just so hateful-"

You decide that Pinkie is going to ramble on about her party with Gilda for a while, so you sit down, listening intently.

"And that's when I tried rainbows for the first time! Whoo, I'll tell you (Y/N), rainbows taste SOOO weird!" Pinkie had gone off on a totally different tangent after hours of storytelling.

Spike chuckles nervously before Pinkie can continue, stretching and saying, "Well, we better get going, (Y/N) has some more ponies to talk to."

"Oh, alright! See you soon, (Y/N)!" Pinkie calls, waving at the three of you as you leave. You wave back with a quiet chuckle, feeling more and more relieved as you continue your journey.

You end up talking to Rarity, then Applejack and Rainbow Dash at the same time, since they were both at Sweet Apple Acres, preparing for the Running of the Leaves. You apologized to them all, and thanks to the fabled magic of friendship, they all seemed more than happy to forgive you.

Walking back to the castle, you sigh, glancing back at Spike and Fluttershy  as they continue their conversation behind you.

"Thank you guys," you murmur suddenly. They fall silent, turning their attention towards you.

You turn your head and smile, seeing Spike's toothy grin and Fluttershy's shy smile in return. "I'm so glad I'm here. You two have taken care of me since I got here, and I can't thank you enough."

"Well, don't thank us just yet." Spike chuckles. "Rainbow Dash and Applejack are expecting you at the Running of the Leaves."

You feel your smile grow, and your cheeks flush, "You guys.. Don't want me to leave?"
Fluttershy shakes her head, "I'm sorry about wanting you to in the first place. I was just.. Worried.. Twilight wants to keep you a secret and I didn't understand why, but.. I want to keep you here. And if I have to keep some secrets to do so, I will."

And with that, the three of you walk home, mere silhouettes against the orange sky and setting sun.