Chapter 7 (g/male)

"I- I didn't mean it like that, Spike!" Fluttershy gasps behind you as the young reptilian hurriedly follows you to the door, where you were making a break to.

God, you were so naive.

You had just put your hoof to the door when the record player screeches and stops behind you. All eyes are on you- but you're just facing the door.

Someone clears their throat.

You turn around, ever so slowly.

Twilight Sparkle is staring at you, frowning. Oh, seems like you failed her little test. That's all this was, anyways.

"Thank you for the party, Pinkie Pie." Twilight ducks her head to her friend standing by the record player. She nods a single time, offering a smile. Twilight returns the strained happiness. You, Fluttershy, Spike, and Princess Twilight all leave SugarCube Corner.

You were steaming now, trying to hide your obvious anger, and you begin to pick up the pace on your trot, and behind you, three others are following.

The castle never seemed so desolate as you burst through the doors into the dark palace.

"(Y/N), let me explain, please-" Twilight begins behind you.

You huff and spin around. Spikes seems the most wounded about your angry stare, but Fluttershy seems just as intimidated as she stands quietly behind Twilight.

Anger turns into many many emotions. Regret, sadness, bitterness, loneliness- do you actually want to go home now?

"This isn't just some test, (Y/N)." Twilight says, stepping forward.

"I don't know what else it could be," you spit back.

Her violet, fluffy ears flick back, and she furrows her brow. "So you think I just picked the first human I could? That you were just some.. Some 'Random' selection?" she asks.

You fall silent.

"No. You know I'm more precise than that. I-.. I don't know how you know, but you do. You know a lot about us, for someone from a different dimension." she says, and you feel a little.. Better? She's trying to decipher a new question now, but she had just said something that caught your attention. She's more precise than to just pick anyone. She chose you. Why would she choose you?

"Why?" you ask, stopping all further qhestioning from Twilight.

"Why what?" Spike asks for his friend, who is still too caught up in her own scientific and groundbreaking questions that would soon have to be answered.

"Why did you choose me?" you ask quietly.

Twilight pauses all further questions and just grins. Beams. "Because you're special, (Y/N). More special than anyone on that planet." she says. "For us- anyways."

You freeze. No pressure there, Twi. Interrupting a whole party and making a scene in front of your new friends sure is special.

"You'll understand by the end of this journey." she assures you before you can worry too much.

"We all need sleep. Can we do this in the morning, so I can get out of this suit?" Spike asks, tugging at the tie around his neck with a claw. Yeah.. Your suit was beginning to become uncomfortable as well.

Fluttershy chuckles behind you. Yeah.. You feel better.

"You can stay with us in the castle." Twilight smiles.

You nod slowly, smiling lightly.

After a while of getting undressed and prepared for bed in the room Twilight brought you and left you in, you look in the mirror at the small vanity in the room. It was so odd that Twilight had fully furnished guest rooms for guests that seemed to never come. Never in episodes, though, unless one of the main six decided to pay a visit.

You stare at yourself, blinking your wide eyes and gingerly raising a hoof to touch the necklace around your neck. This was the only thing keeping you here. Tomorrow, you would have to go apologize to Pinkie Pie and the others at the party about how you acted that night.

But who would be at your side while you apologized to every pony? Spike. And Fluttershy. And Twilight.. And all your friends.

There's that nice, stallion smile again. You let out a breath through your nostrils, flaring them slightly. Now was the time for sleep, not a dramatic and thoughtful moment such as this.

You walk to your bed, clicking off the small lamp as you pull yourself up in the soft bed. It suddenly becomes.. Enveloping. You didn't realize how tired you really were until now.

Pulling the covers up to your shoulders, you try to get your new pony body comfortable in the bed. The amulet around your neck isn't very helpful to the situation.

You find a decent spot- laying on your side, sprawled out- and look out the window in the room, as Princess Luna raises the moon high into the deep blue sky, stars twinkling.

Finally, you can sleep this day off. Your eyelids are heavy and your eyes burn as you blink, recapping the day.

You met Applejack and Pinkie Pie, then Rarity and was fitted for a nice outfit for a party, your party, where you met Rainbow Dash. The whole gang. You disrupted your own party in a fit of rage for something the gentle and timid Fluttershy said to you, and somehow, they all seem to forgive you. You weren't completely in the wrong. And who would these ponies be if not friendly and forgiving? Tomorrow will be a better day, you promise yourself.

Sleep slowly takes you under. You dream of home.