Chapter 6 (g/fem)

Finally, the day had winded down. To the west, you could see the sun being pulled down into the horizon by the fair Princess Celestia, whom you knew was back in Canterlot. You have somewhere to be now. With Fluttershy and Spike at your side, you trot to SugarCube Corner.

You push open the door, just to have confetti blast into your face and loud greetings of "Welcome to Ponyville!" shrieking across the room. You smile- all of these ponies are here for you?

Pinkie Pie jumps up before you can even get a word in, "Alright everypony! The party has officially started!" she cheers, and the ponies cheer back. Your smile grows.

Spike nudges your blank flank. "Hey, go mingle." he smiles, then walks off.

Fluttershy smiles, "Would it be alright if we leave you to yourself? I do trust that you wouldn't leave SugarCube Corner, right?" she asks.

"I'll be here," you assure her, and she takes that as her key to go off and find her friends.

Now is your chance to look around the room. You see BonBon and Lyra, Doctor Whooves and Derpy, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Mr. And Mrs. Cake, the Pound Cake Twins, and many others, some you couldn't even name. Others, you had the vinyl figures of back home.

You trot forward, making sure not to mess up your new outfit Rarity has made for you. Ponies come up to talk to you, you meet and greet them all- but something feels strange. It's like a pair of eyes are burning into you, from somewhere you can't see.

That's not a problem, right?

You decided to brush it off, and continued to meet other ponies. While you're talking with Twinkle, and her friend Cherry, someone taps you from behind. You turn slightly, then feel your breath catch in your throat.

It's Rainbow Dash. Only one of the fastest mares in all of Equestria, not to mention the Element of Loyalty and one of the main characters of My Little Pony. And you're standing right in front of her.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are standing with her, and you turn around quickly to face her. "H-hello-" you manage, but your voice sounds like a squeak.

Rainbow Dash laughs, covering her muzzle with her hoof, "Hey, are you alright?" she chuckles.

"Dashie, she might be shy," Pinkie Pie reminded her.

"Yes, she is.." Fluttershy agreed meekly, looking towards you.

You nod softly, clearing your throat, "Y-yeah, I'm (Y/N)," you smile, holding out your hoof. You find it hard to maintain balance on only three.

"(Y/N)? Huh, that's.. Unique," Rainbow Dash laughs softly, then shook your hoof. "Well, I guess you already know me, but if you don't-" she says, then opens her wings proudly and pulls her hoof away to touch her chest, "'Name's Dash, Rainbow Dash," she winks.

You feel your cheeks grow hot.

You nod, "Nice to meet you.." you smile weakly. This felt so surreal, you were actually meeting characters who helped you through every day of your life. Were you going to pass out again?

Fluttershy seems to notice that you are growing pale, so she takes your hoof, "W-we're going to get some punch, be right back," she smiles, then hurries off with you.

You hear Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash talk behind you.

"What do you think was wrong with her, Dashie?"

"Ah, fanmares. I usually get that reaction when ponies meet me," You hear her boast.

You and Fluttershy sip on your drinks by the punch bowl. You had to keep your drink on the table and out your muzzle in the cup, because, believe it or not, holding things with hooves is a difficult task.

"So, you've met Twilight, me, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash.." Fluttershy smiles, "You've met us all," she tells you, and you smile and nod.

"I know.. I'm so happy I got to meet all of you. And others," you nod. Where was Fluttershy going with this conversation?

"So.. I guess that means.. You should be able to go back.." she says, and you feel your heart freeze. She.. Wants you to go home?

"I-.. I don't understand.." you respond, your ears flicking back.

"Well, Twilight's idea was that you meet everypony you can, and when you've met enough, you can go back.." she says softly, watching your every move with her big, teal eyes, to make sure you wouldn't freak out.

But you were freaking out.

How could she want you to leave now? You thought you were finally making friends, especially with her. If you leave now, the only thing you would remember about My Little Pony is that the only reason you ever were supposed to become friends with your favorite characters is just so they could kick you out of their world.

"But- you want me to leave?" you ask, unable to hide the hurt in your voice.

Fluttershy stays silent.

You frown, then sigh shakily, "Where's Spike? I-I want to go," you say coldly, trying to keep any tears from finding their way into the corners of your eyes.

"(Y/N), I-I didn't mean it that way-" Fluttershy begins, but you bump past her, walking off to go find Spike.

You pass ponies who now can see the upset expression you're wearing, but you bustle past them, trying to find the purple dragon.

How could you have actually thought they wanted your friendship?