Chapter Nine: Aqua DeVida

Jack's POV:

I knew they thought that I knew where the fountain was, but I had no literal idea where it was. We walked around until I saw something rather unusual. A drop of water floating towards the sky instead of towards the ground. I caught the drop on me finger and looked through it. I saw a crack had turned into a symbol on the map. The drop floated into the air. I looked down to see an opening to a cave I smiled. We made our way down carefully avoiding the slippery rocks. We walking in a channel of water.

I saw Maria behind me when I turned to make sure there wasn't a pistol or sword to me back. "Ah ha dead end." I said as we reached the end of the tunnel. "Dead end" Blackbeard said. "Dead end" I repeated. "Jack, I'm starting to think you don't know where your going." Angelica said. "It's not so much the destination as the journey they say." I said. "Chalices if you please." The quartermaster handed me the chalices. I raised them in the air. "Stand back." I said. They all took a step back. I clinked them together. The clink echoed through the cave. Nothing. I did it again. Nothing. "Jack, have you infact seen with your own eyes the fountain of youth?" Angelica asked. "I'm sorry could you repeat the question please." I said.

"Quartermaster" Blackbeard said. The quartermaster cocked his pistol. "No, no" I said. A shot was fired. It hit the rim of the cup and bounced off. I heard Blackbeard cock his pistol. "No wait, wait." I said. I lined up words on the rims of the chalices. "Aqua DeVida." I said.

Maria's POV:

We felt a rumbling in the cave. Water circled around us and went up the wall to the ceiling creating a pool. "Master scrum. Do you mind?" Jack asked. Scrum took the chalices and kneeled. Jack climbed on his shoulder and began to poke at the pool. He was then suddenly sucked in. I went up and was then myself sucked in. What I saw was different. Ahead of me was the fountain. It was a stone with a circle cut into it. Water dripped from the top. Jack walked up to it as the rest came. He tried to put his fingers in it. "Sparrow, I'll be the first to taste those waters!" Blackbeard yelled. Angelica looked to the entrance. "Father." she said. "The one legged man." Blackbeard said. The quartermaster nodded. "You brought him here." Angelica said looking to us. "Would I do that?" Jack asked.

"Edward Teach!" Barbossa said. "For crimes committed on the high seas, by the authority granted to me by His Majesty the King, with goodly amount of personal satisfaction, I hereby place you in the custody of the court, and declare you my prisoner." "My trick's out, it that it?" Blackbeard said. "Such crimes do include but are not limited to: piracy, treason, murder, torture of the most heinous sort, including the brutal theft of one used, twisted, hairy right leg." Barbossa said. I gaged at the last comment. "You dare face this sword?" Blackbeard asked. "This far from your ship...Aye" Barbossa said with out hesitation.

"Aye. That be the cold breath of Fate I feel down my nape. But I'll have one last fight, by God! KILL THEM ALL!" He yelled. We drew our swords but were quickly interrupted. "Whoah, whoah, hang on a minute!" He said. " I just...I just need to understand something. Right, so you will fight against them, they will fight against you, all on account of him wanting to kill him? Where is the sense. I say let them fight each other! While we lay back, watch, and ahve a drink, place some wages! Eh?" We went back to the fight. Jack came to my side. "We need to get the tear and the chalices." He said. "Aye" I said.