Complicated

The next week,we were really busy. Our record company was pushing us to the limit with the deadline for  our album and we practically lived in the studio. We were halfway done though. It was just a matter of time.

It's been 5 days since Emily moved in. She'd come into the studio sometimes and Izzy would finish his recordings super quick so he could take her out. I barely saw her though, apart from in the morning when she made us pancakes, and late at night when she and Izzy went up to their room. Somehow it made me cringe when I heard their door close.

Pffft. Friends apparently. To be honest, I didn't know why I was being such a bitch about it. I knew I was being unreasonable but I couldn't help it. I've never felt like this before.

I put on the stereo and as Prince started to sing, I smiled.

.
.
.

" Hey lets go down, I brought presents!" She dragged me down the stairs.

When we reached downstairs, all the guys were either on the couch or on the floor. Slash was strumming something on his guitar and Axl was fluffing up Steven's popcorn hair while laughing. Izzy raised an eyebrow when he spotted us. Before I could shake Em's hand off, she immediately left me and went to sit by Izzy. I coughed awkwardly and  instantly felt lonely.

I went over and sat next to Axl. Em started taking stuff out of the plastic bag and handed them to one to each of us except Izzy. They were roughly wrapped in wrinkly brownpaper. "So guys, I got you guys some gifts. I hope they're as close to as what Izzy thought you guys might like!" She said and beamed at all of us.  Steven let out a "Yaayy!!" And started bouncing on the couch. Slash stopped strumming. "For us?"

"Yes,you silly, who else?" She said

Steven ripped open his present. It was a pair of new drumsticks and a KISS keychain with the logo on top and Eric Carr's made up face merging into the bottom of it. Steven was so happy, he even hugged her. Slash unpacked a pack of guitar picks with an assortment of  Jimi Hendrix's face on them. "Yo rad,Em. Whoa Izzy look at this dude ...."

Axl had got a blue bandana with a white snowflake pattern on it. He immediately put it on, placed his aviators on them,smirked and winked at Emily. He got back a look of admiration from her. He looked cool, no denying that.

I looked down at the flat rectangular object in my hands and ripped away the brown paper and found a CD of Prince's latest album. It had just got released like 2 weeks ago. I was speechless because she'd actually got us thoughtful gifts!! How sweet!

"Dude I....." I started.  Izzy started to laugh . "Yo Duff I just told her in passing how you'd just wanna recieve anything by your boyfriend Prince and she actually went and got it!"
She was watching me in anticipation.

"......Hey Thanks Em, I'm probably gonna listen to this until my ears bleed. Thanks"  she looked overjoyed at the fact that we liked our presents. Damn was she cute or what?
.
.
.

Today was another recording session at the studio and we were waiting for Emily downstairs. Slash and Axl had been arguing for some time and every word they uttered got stupider by the second.

Izzy clapped his hands together  "ok she's here, let's go. "

Emily was coming down the stairs.

She looked gorgeous.

She had on a   floral dress with short sleeves and of  which the loose flowy skirt   reached up to her mid thigh, and a pair of boots. Her long hair hung loosely on her chest and back, cascading like a waterfall. And on top of all that, she had on a sort of  crimson lipstick.