TMNT: We don't play the game .10.

TMNT: We don't play The Game

Chapter 10: Wallpaper flower

I was reawakened by a strange slimy feeling, dribbling down my temple and pooling in my ear, I shuddered violently which made me lurch upwards onto my knees, I clasped my hand over my ear as the foreign liquid dripped onto my shoulder and continued to trickle slowly down my arm.

I looked up to be faced without a silhouetted figure, whoever it was, they held an aura of Godliness to me, the Moon shone spectacularly behind them, giving the imitation of a halo, gently nestling around their head, the figure leant forward to inspect my appearance, as soon as the false appearances leaked into my head, they seeped back out, then all thoughts of Godliness vanished, the shadows dissolved to reveal Freddy.

"'Sup- Oh...o-oh nooo... Addy! You got-... You got a li'l stuff on your- on your face!" His words came out as an almost, unintelligible slurs, I barely listened anyway as I rubbed the liquid on my face, shoulder and arm dry, I regrettably sniffed my hand, and was taken aback at what I could smell.

"Freddy, what fuck is this?" I thrust my hand towards his face, he stumbled forward and took an over-inhaling breath through his nose as he took in the aroma, as he sluggishly dragged his feet backwards, I noticed the empty bottle in his hand, the label had been torn off, so there was no clue there, Freddy mockingly considered my question for a moment before attempting to answer.

"That... that has t'be... I think... Peach Ssssshhhhhhh- Sssssssshhhhhh- Schnapps! Maaayyybe a li'l Rrrrum! Aaaaaannd maaaayyyybe some blood and pee- I dunno' stuff happened when you went buh-bye!"

It took me a while to process the words that he slurred, my initial reaction was to leave the subject to fall flat on the floor, but this had happened before.

"Frederick Anthony Taylor, you have done this before, I know that the words I am saying right now mean nothing to your intoxicated mind, and I will apologise for this in the morning, but right now, I feel like you deserve this."

To punctuate the end of my sentence, I brought my hand up and struck Freddy's face with as much force as I could muster, despite the fact that this was the hand that belonged to the arm which was attached to the shoulder which had been painfully bruised after I passed out, I proudly left a red hand-shaped mark on his left cheek, before sauntering tiredly away, back home, on the way, I tried my best to replay the night over in my head, I failed, much to my dismay, I suppose when I summarised the memory in my head, I held the visuals firmly in place, but anything spoken seemed to evade me, but I have no doubt that I was a complete and utter fool throughout the entire encounter.

I finally stepped through the door to our apartment, after what felt like a millennia of walking, I loved this apartment, considering how little the rent cost, I took it as a friggin' steal, it wasn't much, but it was enough, we had separate rooms for the Bathroom and single Bedroom, which was generously donated to me by Freddy, the Living room and Kitchen were conjoined, Freddy slept on the pull-out-sofa-bed, which he claims is more comfortable than given credit for, but I think he was just being polite, I threw my bag jacket down next to the couch and kicked of my shoes.

The walls of the bedroom were covered with a pale mint-green wallpaper, In each corner of the room was a small pattern of powder pink flowers, with gold highlights, over yeas of general wear the golden highlights had worn down, and were now dull and yellowing, when we first decorated I chose this wallpaper because I was at a delicate time in my life, and I thought the soft colours and the whimsical pattern would comfort me, so it did for a while, but after a while, whenever I glanced at the patches of mint-green wall that weren't covered by photos or magazine clippings, I felt a small sting of regret.