TMNT: We don't play the game. 6

Chapter six: Blood can mean many things.

  It was already quite late at night and Freddy was already slashed, so there was nothing stopping me from getting to that point...well...there was, Ebony was just about as drunk as Freddy and they thought it would be hilarious to hide all the alcohol from me, and while they sat in the living room giggling childishly at what they thought was a mastermind plan, I was scouring the kitchen looking for booze, I was crouched down searching in one of the cupboards, when a pair of black Doc Martins shuffled up beside me, I looked up to find Mark looking down at me with a solemn look on his face;

"Addy... I need to head home." I retracted from out of the cupboard and stood up straight.

"What's up Marky?" He raised his hands and placed one on each side of my face, he drew me in and kissed me gently on the lips, then wrapped his arms around my shoulders, he nestled his chin in the crook of my neck and began stroking my hair, as he withdrew, he whispered into my ear;

"Nothin' but the ceilin' baby." He kissed me a last time on my cheek before turning and leaving the apartment, never before had he ever been like that, so solemn... Freddy would've said 'Glum', from the living room I could hear muffled squealing, then furious giggling.

"What the hell are those retards doin' now?" I kicked the cupboard doors shut and shuffled stormily out of the kitchen. "If you two think I'm spending- oh for fucks sake." Not the prettiest sight to walk in on; Frank had managed to coax a drunk Ebony into taking off her shirt and she was now laid on the sofa with a half naked Freddy on top of her, probably choking on each other's tongues. "I know you're drunk and everything... but guys... gross much?"

  Ebony pushed at Freddy's chest and he sat back as she turned to me with an incredibly toothy smile on her face;

"ADDYYYYYYY!!! He ripped my shirt! *hic* C'moooon.... why don't you join us?" At which point Freddy slapped a hand over her mouth and shook his head with a look of childish frustration on his face.

"No Ebaby! She caan't she's my shister!" He whipped back his hand to reveal Ebony's tongue stuck out dribbling with saliva.

"Not by blood Freddy bear." There was a moment of silence as Freddy looked at Ebony and Ebony looked at Freddy, then Freddy looked at me and I looked at Freddy, then Ebony looked at me and I looked at Ebony.

"You're both insane, gross, idiotic and fuckin' retards." Both of them looked at me with growing smiles on their face. "I have a boyfriend." Freddy slowly slipped off the sofa followed by Ebony. "I'm not drunk enough for this!" what gave me time to get away was Freddy tripping over his own feet, then Ebony tripping over Freddy, I managed to slip out of the door before either of them could collect what was left of themselves.

   Something was different that night, usually the air had somewhat of a tangible atmosphere, but tonight? Tonight the air as thick plot and ridden with the stench of the underworld, I stood on the doorstep of the apartment my arms folded tightly across my chest in an attempt to retain body heat, an eerie breeze rolled over my body, it was cold and damp as was the pavement, the only noise within earshot was the rustling of garbage as it scraped weightlessly across the blacktop road, then the almost silence was shattered most abruptly.

  From around the corner a gargantuan roar of the clean engine of a motorcycle, literally tearing up the streets as it flew passed, I was a state of disbelief as the spinning wheels sent a flurry of rainwater my way, but my eyes were still fixed on the corner of the street, it had happened a bit too quickly for me to keep up.

  I'd found him again.

  And lost him... again.