Chapter 15

Keaton's POV:

I was on my way to the hospital whenever I got the call.

It was my mom.

"Yeah, mom?" I asked.

"Get to the hospital. Your brother needs help."

My heart sped up, thinking about losing him. "What happened? Is he hurt?"

"No... He's just... he's a little bit out there."

I sighed. So he got the call, too, I'm guessing. We all were terrified of losing Halle, but I don't know how Wesley was taking it. I imagine it would be the same if I found out Kaili got cancer. I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

"I'm pulling up now, I'll see you in a second." I hung up and parked the car, getting out of the car as soon as the gear was in park. I ran towards the hospital and threw the door open, filling my nose with the smell of disinfectants and medicine. I saw Wesley in the corner, his head in his hands and my mom was spaced away from him.

As soon as the door opened she spun around and almost ran to me. But she sped walked and started pulling me towards Wesley, murmuring in my ear, "Go talk to him."

I sat quietly beside him and sat there for a few moments just taking a breath. I'm never a person to speak out, I was always the shy type, but Wesley needed me.

I know he needed me.

Finally, I spoke.

"I'm sorry." I said, symphony obviously in my voice. "I know you love her, I can't imagine what you are going through. I can't imagine your pain." I swallowed as I felt him shake beside me. I put one hand on his back, petting him. "If it was Kaili, I probably would have done the same thing. But we'll see if she can pull through. She is strong. She can do this. I believe in her, and so should you." I felt his shaking stop and his head rose to meet mine and he just nodded.

"Thanks, Keaton. I just didn't know what to do. I'm actually scared, to be honest. I know I sound like a pu-"

"Hey..." Momma Stromberg warned, making us both laugh.

"a wuss. But I can't help being scared. I really do think I love her, Keats. I haven't felt this way for any girl. I have never wanted to be this close to her. I always dream of her. I always think of her. I always imagine being close to her. I don't know what is wrong with me."

"How about you go see her. Wait until she is ready. Tell her how you feel."

"What if she doesn't accept it?" he panicked. "What if... she found another guy?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure she wouldn't do that to you. She loves you. I know it. I can see how you two look at each other and I see something. I see something spark."

He calms down a bit and stands up. "I'm going to go see her. I hope you're right, Keats. I really do think she doesn't feel the same."

"She does. I promise." I gave him a hug and patted him on the back before he walks down the hall, disappearing into Halle's room.

"Good job, Keats." My mom said, rubbing my shoulder.

I smiled, thinking about how Wesley and Halle seemed perfect for each other. Everytime they are together they just seem to click. They both seem happier. Like... Me and Kaili.

I'm not a sucker for romantic stuff but me and Kaili have it going on. I like her a lot and I can tell she likes me too.

Speaking of the devil.

"Hey, babe." Kaili said, walking out of the door and approaching me.

"Hello, there, beautiful." I said, wrapping her up in a hug and kissing her forehead and then kissing her lips.

She giggled. "Keaton, stop. You're making me blush." I laughed and we sat down on the chairs, waiting for Halle to wake up.