Chapter 23

I don't know why there are suddenly spaces in between it now, even when I copy from word.  STUPID.  Anyways I KNOW it's been a long time, but I've been working on my other novel a ton, and I couldn't get this story to work on my new netbook.  Now that I have to netbook, I should be back to uploading all the time.  Everything's working, got lots of time.  Might even finishe the book in this next month perhaps.  Anyways, I know, the story took a sudden intense turn, didn't even mean for that to happen, it just needed a kick start back up.  Hope y'all enjoy, sorry I don't really want to do a hardcore sex scene, if anyone wants to write one, go for it and I'll upload the link with the next chappy as I saw someone else do.  Anyways, sorrrrry I've not written in awhile, hope I haven't lost too many people.  Love you all, please comment and vote, as always, and don't forget to check out my new story Wickian.  I'll try try try this time to write more often, and thanks to my netbook, that's much more possible.  All I do now on my hours off is write, except when my flu is at another peak point.

Anyways, yes, comment and vote, love you all, add me on twitter, cobbling.  <3333333333333333

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 23

    I stuck around the twins house for the rest of the day, tidying it out of boredom and guilt.  It was a good way to keep myself distracted and it made Luka and Jake pretty happy.  Especially Jake.  He definitely preferred when I acted like the ‘woman’ I was.  I wasn’t feeling very argumentative though, so I just ignored all of his sexist comments.  Luka saying he knew he could trust me really made me feel guiltier then I already felt.

   Mainly because I knew that if Kieran asked for me, I couldn’t, wouldn’t say no, Luka or no Luka.

    The maimed twin was still lying on the couch, nursing his wounds.  I wondered what his mother would say when she came home, but they assured me she was away for business for the next little while, and that she wouldn’t even know this had happened.  Apparently she went away a lot, and left the two to fend for themselves, which honestly seemed very inappropriate considering Luka and Jake were a little bit crazy.  I wondered how many times she’d come home to a destroyed house.  Clearly the twins needed a babysitter, at least when they were together.  Alone, Luka seemed so mature and sweet.  But together…  They fed off of each other’s energy.

    When night rolled along, I figured I should head home, before my mother started wondering where I was, or Jamie decided to come looking for me.  After what had happened, I wouldn’t put it past him.  He’d probably get himself all worked up, and not even think to call my cell, or ask anybody.  He was so absent minded sometimes… 

    As I started to gather my things, I felt arms around my waist, pulling me against a muscular chest.  Lips nibbled at my neck, and my stomach did a somersault, though to my dismay, it was not the same as when Kieran touched me. 

    “I don’t want you to leave,” Luka whined in my ear.  “You take such good care of me.”

    I turned around in his arms and took his swollen face into my hands.  “You should still be laying down.  Don’t you have a headache?”

    “I will when you leave,” he grinned.  “Stay, please?”

    “I can’t, I have to get home,” I said, trying to make my expression serious.  “People will worry.”