Chapter 19

Chapter 19

  When next I woke up, it was 1pm, and I was all alone in my bed.  I couldn’t help but miss the warmth and comfort of Luka that had been beside me all night.

  “Did you sleep well?”  said a voice coming from the corner of my room.  I jumped and gasped.  Kieran was sitting in a chair I kept angled in the corner, sprawled comfortably on it.  He was staring at me with a lazy smile on his face.  And, of course, I was caught by his dazzling blue eyes, and couldn’t look away, even though my whole face was beginning to turn as red as my hair.

  “I…  Slept fine, and you?” 

  “Not as well as I could have, since I was worrying about you all night,” he replied. 

  “There was no need, Luka was capable enough to look after me.” 

  “That’s what I was worried about…”  Kieran mumbled.

  “Kieran, I’m not with you,” I growled, suddenly angry at his possessiveness.  “You had your chance, and now I’m free to be with whomever I want, when I want.  And yes, I kissed Luka last night.”  I immediately slammed my mouth shut and covered it with my hand.  Why did I say that?  I didn’t want to hurt him, I just wanted him to leave me alone!  “Kieran, I’m sorry, I didn’t meant to say-”

  “Don’t bother, I get it,”  Kieran snapped, looking angrier then I’d ever seen him and definitely hurt.  He stood up.  “I understand, and I’ll leave now.  You’re clearly fine here with all of the friends you do like.”

  “Kieran wait!”  I shouted, but it was too late; he’d already left the room and slammed the door behind him.  I sat frozen, realizing what I’d done, and how wrong it was, even if Kieran had been the jerk first.  But his reasoning for being a jerk was to protect me.  My intentions had been to destroy him, even if I’d said it accidentally. 

  A few moments later the door cracked open revealing Kira.

  “Sooo…”  She began, shuffling her feet.  “You and Kieran didn’t have a very good convo just now did you…”

  “More like a terrible one,”  I replied, laying on my stomach on the bed.  “The words just slipped out before I could stop them!”

  “Kinda like what I did last night?”

  “Except not in front of everyone, but yes, like that.”

  “Kira frowned, but probably agreed, because she shook her head slightly and continued, “What did you say anyways?”

  “You don’t want to know,” I muttered, smothering my face into the pillow.  Kira didn’t say anything, but when I glanced at her she had the ‘are you kidding me, of course I want to know’ face on.  I rushed the explanation out, hoping she wouldn’t catch it.  “I told him that I kissed Luka, and I feel really bad and  I already wish I hadn’t done it!”

  “Wait, you kissed Luka?  Didn’t he already know that?  It was a dare, wasn’t it?”

  “No, this was after we went to bed, and uh…  I kissed him, it was my idea.”

  “WHAT!”  Kira yelled raising her hands into the air.  “He didn’t mention that at all this morning!  And also, WHAT?”

  “Shh, keep it down!”  I said gesturing with my hands.  “He was just so supportive last night.  I felt like I owed him.”

  “So you paid him with your lips?  I’m sure he was happy.”

  “Yeah, me too…”  I mumbled.  “He’s the one who stopped it though.  Which I’m grateful for this morning…”