"Daughter of Alvar" (SilverReins)

Title: Daughter of Alvar (Redemption #2)

Author"Silver"
[SilverReins ]

Genre:   Fantasy
Includes- romance, adventure,
[Has some mature scenes! Reader's Discretion is ADVISED!]

Awards/Rankings:
Best- #1 rank in Fantasy

Status: Completed

SUMMARY: [[from Wattpad]]

Kyla is born Cursed, meaning her care-free twin brother, Kalvar, is destined to be the next heir to Underlund's throne. Kalvar is celebrated and loved by the people while Kyla lives in the shadows, shunned by the people.

However, in the midst of politics and grandeur, love and heartbreak, an old adversary waits for the perfect moment to strike and Kyla may be the only one able to save her world from destruction.

(This story is a sequel to Bride of Alvar, although you could read this book on its own, it is probably best to read Bride of Alvar first.)

X - x - x - x - X

My Rating: 8 / 10 Stars!

---- --- -- • -- --- ----

MY REVIEW

Okay, I know this book is in the middle of a series, but DoA is—in my personal opinion—much more interesting to read than the first one. While the first one, called Bride of Alvar, was about Kyla's parents and how they got together, Daughter of Alvar is centered around (obviously) their daughter Kyla. I like Kyla's character/personality a lot, which helped make this story a lot more interesting—and also, this story line caught my interest more than her mom's story did.

If you guys haven't read the first one [neither have I, heehee😅], you'll be caught up to speed in the Prologue of DoA so no worries!😋 :P

About the Story...

  The chapters are pretty short, but they aren't completely boring fillers; each one has something interesting going on that keeps the plot moving, and makes you want to keep reading... To be honest, it's one of the things I actually LIKE about this series—which is a first for me! 😄

It's dark, it's brutal...it's almost like Game of Thrones' type of raunchy—BUT, it's not too bad... And that's saying something, because Game of Thrones and other HBO/Starz shows are NOT my cup of tea; it's just not the type of shows I normally watch...

Anyway, the writing may not be the best but I don't let that get in the way of enjoying and appreciating the story itself. I could care less; I love the characters!! 😁

About the Characters...

Kyla is a strong, witty, kinda badass gal in this one. Much like today's version of a werewolf, she's ruled by her inner beast—which is a dragon. In this fantasy world, it is seen as a curse because of where/how exactly it originated from (which is explained in the story!). In the beginning, you can't help but feel for the poor girl; she's basically hated and gossiped about, and she never feels like she belongs, and that's never a fun position to be in. Everyone wants to be included and accepted in society, and NO ONE wants to be alone!
   Unfortunately, that's exactly how Kyla feels throughout the story, all because she's a Cursed. However, she does try and make do with the life she leads, despite all the hate she receives from her subjects.