*{SAMPLE ONLY} "A Healer's Fate" (NeverTrustaDuck)

Title:     A Healer's Fate

Author:   Zeena Gosrani  (( NeverTrustaDuck ))

Genre:    Fantasy

Award:   Winner of  Watty Award 2013SciFi/Fantasy On the Rise

Status:  Completed ***

*** NOTICE: This story is currently posted as a SAMPLE!
(the writer took the rest of it down so that she could one day PUBLISH it in the future! I'll keep you updated HERE & on my account if you're following when it's ever published! 🙂)

SUMMARY: (from WP)

When Prince Clarion of Kalrona falls ill, Kaylin doesn't think twice about saving his life, even though it will mean her death. Magic is illegal in Kalrona and that is exactly how Kaylin plans to heal the prince.

What happens when, instead of leading to her execution, Kaylin's actions set in motion a series of events that could end in the demise of the kingdom she calls home? Can she save her home as well, and will she be allowed to live even if she does?

What's a healer to do but try?

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
—Lord Acton

My Rating: 9.5 / 10 Stars

*-*-*-*-*-*

About The Author:

+ Nickname- Maggie

+ Fun Facts:

She's a twin (she thinks her sister is the evil one, but not many people agree).

She faces a certain challenge, which makes writing hard but she does it to challenge herself, which I find VERY courageous—one of the reasons why she's one of my favorites on this site.

Kudos to her!! (Hey Maggie—you may just be a demigod! I'm SO jealous!!) ^_^

She ALSO mainly writes in the paranormal/fantasy genre, as well as romance! I'm always a sucker for those three when looking for a story to read(:

---- --- -- • -- --- ----

MY REVIEW

If you like romance, magic, and fantasy, you will love this story!!

I'm in love with her characters; they each have their own special personality that sets them apart. I also love the relationship between Kaylin & Hailen ^_^ Don't let the silly rhyming of their names fool you! Because their relationship (especially in "A Captain's Heart") is stellar and freaking AMAZING. I feel as if those two were made for each other; they're simply PERFECT! XD

The writing is superb, you wouldn't know that words don't look the same to her as they do to us (IDK if she'd want me to divulge that particular info about her, so I won't elaborate).

Can I just drool over Hailen's character for a sec?? I normally don't do this sort of thing (definitely not for real life guys), so this is a rarity for me. I truly admire his sense of loyalty to the king, his knight-like heart, strong-willed demeanor/soul/and personality, and his all-around tough guy vibe. 💪😏 He is the epitome of everything a knight in all the myths and legends basically, and to be honest it's kinda appealing xP 😜

I could go on and on about how much I love AHF & ACH, but I think you should find out for herself. Enjoy! And don't forget to VOTE if you like it and COMMENT your thoughts on here or in her story.

BELOW is my interview with the talented Story Weaver, DontTrustADuck!!

~ ~ ~

An Interview with the Author

Q: When was the exact moment you decided you wanted to write stories??

A- I was on a train to Leeds to visit my cousin. I had time to kill and nothing better to do, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'd been reading on here for months, but I never thought I could write anything. That day changed my life.

Q: How did you achieve the type of writing skill you have now? Because you're writing style now is quite good that I envy your ability to come up with good plot as well as how well your writing flows!

A- I kept writing. My earlier stories sucked, and I have since removed them and added improved versions on here, but I have them on my computer so whenever I'm feeling disheartened I can pull them out and see how far I've come. I've started reading like a writer, watching how my favourite authors unravel scenes and plots. I've also found critiquing other people's stories is a great help because I find it easy to spot when things don't work and I generally find I'm making the same mistakes in mine. Once I find that out, it's a lot easier to stop and cut the crap.  Another thing I've spotted, especially with the newer writers, is that some people try and write in the same style as an author they admire, or they simply try to sound more formal because they think it will make them sound smarter (at least I think that's why). It doesn't work.
  You need to find your own voice, otherwise your writing will just sound stilted.  With the plot, it's always a good idea to plot beforehand. Some people are pantsers and can get away with just writing, but most people aren't. If you find you're getting stuck, that's probably the reason why.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?? (like: how do you come up with your story's plot, setting, characters, etc.)

A- Anything and everything. Some came from other books, some from TV programmes or films, some from music. I've gotten some from my surroundings, from the buildings and watching people interact. Some just walk into my head as abstract ideas and I have to uncover them and piece it together.

Why You MUST Read This...

🔮 Well, for one, it's part of a series, with prequels that can be read as a stand-alone. The series goes; A Healer's Fate, A Witch's Curse, & A Captain's Heart. Go to her profile and see for yourself! I'm in love with her characters!

🔮 You'll LOVE the characters. Maggie builds up the suspense and mystery and drama, it will keep you wanting more. She's an excellent writer and I highly recommend you check out ALL of her stories. She sure knows how to pull on people's heart strings! ;)

🔮 If you love Fantasy, Romance, action, and a ninja, magic-weilding hot guard captain, then you'll SURELY love A Healer's Fate!

I sure hope your heart stays in tact after reading! ;)

THANKS FOR READING!!