57. Beast - part 2

Chapter Soundtrack:
Deftones & Korn - System
From 'Queen of the Damned' soundtrack.

stellina79 for you!

Play this song when the a/n comes up in bold, to go along with the scene.

I realise the last two chapters have had dark music.. but its to go along with Zaryn's dark mind.. how its changed. But don't worry. It will lighten up again. :)
_____________________________

Guys there is more of this chapter. It was really long. Expect the next chapter in 2 hours!! Gotta get my kid in bed :D you're going to DIE when you read the next one omg.
Yes. Theres anothrt challenge left. So instead of a 10thousand word chapter, yourr getting two 5000 word ones.

______________

Nic

The sun was going down now.. painting the sky with deep blues, purples, pinks and oranges. Almost as if someone had drank a bunch of watercolors and thrown them up. The air was chilly.. no breeze tonight but it didn't make it any warmer. Jackets were becoming a necessity now.

Dad let me know that Grace had made it to the cabin, safely.. he laid her down on the sofa and built a fire for her to keep warm. She would be so angry once she awoke.. I hated having to watch what she went through..to be the cause of her pain. Her suffering. No wolf deserves that.

It broke my heart the way she was falling to pieces but I'm going to get her out of that hell hole. I will. And she wont go back. I just don't know how im going to juggle this .. being a dad and trying to make my mate happy.  It wont work. I wont win. Im going to end up like Zaryn if i cant find a constant..

Once dad took Grace away, my nerves were on edge.. but once Eden and i saw our little pup on the sonogram machine its like i felt stronger. My wolf knew he had a job.. to protect that precious life. And we would.

He's healthy so far.. but it doesn't mean the moon wont take him away.. i needed to be careful.. i love my mate.. and i want her to mark me.. but i dont want to risk the pup. I thought the feelings would be easier to fight.

They arent.

But Grace's words... i dont want to be your mate...is this how Zaryn felt with Nova when she refused his wolf?

Why is the moon punishing me.. i did nothing.

On the way back from the clinic, Eden had gotten a call from Nova.. i wanted to talk to her but Eden shooed me away. apparently once Eden told her about Zaryn becoming mildly insane... she got spooked and had to go.

Eden hasnt heard much from her.. none of us have. I talked to her maybe once. Shes been training to become a warrior which i couldn't really believe.. i imagine shes getting her ass handed to her. The image made me smile to myself..

Walking up to the packhouse with Eden by my side, The sun was sinking lower in the sky.. days becoming shorter as the earth rotated on its seasonal axis. I could smell the smoke from the large bonfire burning in the backyard.. the aroma of meats on the smoker tantilizing my tastebuds... fall is my favorite time of the year.

A large yukon denali, all black with tinted windows pulled up slowly in the driveway, catching us off guard.  Wolves who were standing around talking, now had all eyes on the yukon.. sniffing the air.