Chapter 13 - Brendon

Author's Note: SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG! With Christmas and the New Year I've been rather busy! It's been forever, but I'm very excited to continue writing this story :D Hope you enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Brendon

“Romantic, has to be romantic. WHERE ARE THE CANDLES IN THIS PLACE?! Cupboard, they must be in the cupboard.” I say to myself, running around the bedroom cleaning up.

“Why am I so messy? I swear I will NEVER be messy again. Everything will be clean.”

So far I had managed to clean all of my dirty clothes from the floor, and made my bed. I grabbed the roses from the dining room table and ripped the petals off to throw across the bed. Once I found the candles, I set them evenly around the room, and closed the blinds. When the candles were lit, I stood in the doorway admiring my work.

“I’m such a romantic.” I said, smiling to myself. “Now it’s time to get the girl.”

I walked quickly down the hallway, my anticipation rising. I walked into the lounge room and saw Sarah was laying on the couch.

Asleep.

“Damn.”

                                         * * * * *

Two hours later, I heard Sarah stir on the couch, and turned from the desk – where I was working on some new lyrics – to see my Sleeping Beauty wake from her slumber, her hair sticking up sky high and her eyeliner smeared.

“Good evening Princess.”

“God, how long have I been asleep for?” She asks, her voice croaky.

“Oh, I don’t know exactly when you fell asleep, but I’ve been sitting here for about... two hours.”

“Two hours? You let me sleep that long?” I nod.

“I’m so sorry. I’ve ruined our day.”

“You most certainly have not!” I say rushing over to her. “For our day has only just begun.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that I still have something planned for us. As a matter of fact, if we don’t get moving soon, we’ll be late.”

“For our very important date?” She says, quoting The White Rabbit from Alice In Wonderland.

“Exactly.” I say, and kiss her forehead. “Come with me.” I take her hand and lead her up the hallway towards my bedroom. I stop suddenly when I remember the candles and the flower petals on the bed.

“CLOSE YOUR EYES!” I shout a little too loudly; making me seem suspicious.

“Oooookay.” Sarah says, obediently keeping her eyes closed. I lead her through the bedroom to my ensuite bathroom.

“Stay here, I’ll be right back.” I whisper and kiss her cheek.

I walk back out to my walk in wardrobe, where I hid her black overnight bag while she was asleep, and got her toiletries and make up out. I brought them back to the bathroom.

“Can I open yet?”

“Nearly.” I walk back to the walk in wardrobe and grab a brown suit bag, I unzip it and admire what’s inside.

“So Romantic.” I think to myself, as I grab the bag’s contents and walk back to the bathroom. I stand in front of her and prepare for her reaction.

“Open.”

She opens her eyes slowly with a beaming smile, which quickly changes to shock and realisation as she understands what I’m holding, what I’m giving her.

“Oh Brenny.” She says. “It’s just beautiful.